Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chinese food

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    Did I ever tell you you're like a son to me Roller?
    *Shudders* I don't want to think about that.

On topic I'm not sure what it was called but my dads poker mate who owns the local chinese restaurant made it one night at his house. Since I was slightly intoxicated all I can remember is it tasted really nice and he said he'll never make it in the restaurant because the restaurant food is crap.

er a little more elaboration there Bartrim, was it a noodle dish, meat dish, dumpling type kinda dish?

Addit: On this note, if anyone's interested in chinese cooking and anime combined - watch Cooking master boy in you tube... they've got the untranslated version in there but has english subtitled. Often you'll find the effects really corny, ridiculous and downright too power ranger like, but then its cartoons. I often get hungry watching this hehehehe.
    Last edited by liegeprime; 17th January 2008 at 09:57 AM.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

im a coming pa!!!!

i hate chinese new year family lunch or dinners and family reunion meals

when you eat chinese food in the tropics next to an open sewer with skinned frogs hanging next to you, you will see things in a different light.

Its fun being the only one with a burger at the table while everyone else has chopsticks, once i even snuck out to a pizza place instead of staying in some restaurant for some family do. And thats why i tolerate pizza hut

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Dimsims, prawn hargau, dumplings, molo soup, moon cakes - commonly sold on new year's
    I love Moon Cakes, I went to Hong Kong a few years back during thier Autumn festival and discovered them, no else with me liked them but I couldn't get enough. I brought 4 back with me from Hong Kong but because they had eggs in them I wasn't allowed to bring them into the country. I felt very sick after trying to stuff these things down my throat because I didn't want to throw them away.

lol - you can get mooncakes from local Asian stores here.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime
    Addit: On this note, if anyone's interested in chinese cooking and anime combined - watch Cooking master boy in you tube... they've got the untranslated version in there but has english subtitled. Often you'll find the effects really corny, ridiculous and downright too power ranger like, but then its cartoons. I often get hungry watching this hehehehe.
    I like "Chuuka Ichiban"

seafood combination with crispy yellow noodles and egg sauce (i don't know the chinese name)

oh and crispy roast pork from BBQ king, unless there's a place that taste better!

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    I brought 4 back with me from Hong Kong but because they had eggs in them I wasn't allowed to bring them into the country. I felt very sick after trying to stuff these things down my throat because I didn't want to throw them away.
    I would imagine so, I can only finish 2 as they tend to be heavy to the stomach after a while.... poor, lucky you

[QUOTE=
    I like "Chuuka Ichiban" [/QUOTE]

oooh I'll look it up, thanks
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

BBQ roast duck.

I like combination omlettes and (Malasian style) Laksas as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    lol - you can get mooncakes from local Asian stores here.

I like "Chuuka Ichiban"
    I didn't even know they excisted until I went to Hong Kong, I've got me a craving for some right now. Damn it I'm on a 12 week diet for dropping body fat so I can look all pretty in my bathers.

Gok, apparently Chuuka ichiban ( China's Best) and Cooking Master Boy is one and the same