Thread: US Amazon shipping some regular TFs toys overseas

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default US Amazon shipping some regular TFs toys overseas

With the recent exclusives on Amazon being made available to non-Americans, I decided to look for other Transformers items that were exportable, if any. Because in the past, Amazon US (like Amazon JP) would restrict toy sales to domestic customers only... with a few exceptions it seems.
    Now it looks like they are opening up their sales to foreigners, as there is a filter option on the left of the screen (when you go into "Toys & Games" and search for Transformers), which says "AmazonGlobal Eligible".
    When you click on it, the small number of remaining items appear to be available for purchase (if you are logged in, it doesn't say they are not available to your location).

One thing to note - items are not just being sold by Amazon. Be aware of items being sold by people and businesses (Amazon acts as an agent to process sales on behalf of others, like Ebay). So it is best to look for items that specify that they are "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com". Even if you want to buy from a non-Amazon source, if you intend to save on shipping, purchase items from the one source.

Now I only just placed an order for 11 items yesterday, so it hasn't even shipped yet, which is why I'm not getting too excited just yet. If it does, without any problems, I'll post about it here. Because this would certainly be a new option for those of us looking for cheaper options than BBTS or RK.
    And even if the toys were about the same price as other online stores or ebay, you can't beat Amazon's shipping prices. $11 for Unicron, and for the Gen2 FOC Bruticus, while the 10 TFPrime toys & Rescue Bots playset I ordered yesterday only cost me $25 shipping (most of their items have free shipping within America, so this isn't surprising). That amount of stuff from BBTS would be at least $60 shipping.

(on a related note - news within the toy industry is that Amazon is apparently looking to open up in Australia, after expanding into Europe recently... It won't mean cheaper toy prices here if they get their stock from the local distributors, but if they offer free domestic shipping like in America, it'd save having to hunt several stores looking for a specific figure)
    Last edited by griffin; 18th December 2012 at 12:54 AM.