Page 117 of 194 FirstFirst ... 97107112113114115116117118119120121122127137 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1940

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Garry Chalk

Or one of those Cullen sound alikes they've got to do G1/Movie Optimus Prime's voice for toys or ads and other things like that.
    Or make optimus a female voice. They did it wih the Dr from Dr Who

Cyberverse doesn't have Cullen, but the voice actor tries to do a Gen1 Optimus voice... so if Cullen retires, they have someone in training to replace him.

DrSmoov. He could replace the entire G1 cast.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    DrSmoov. He could replace the entire G1 cast.
    The realisation that most of those videos are over a dozen years old makes me feel cripplingly ancient.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Today's underappreciated toy remembered:

ROTF Deluxe Class Deep Desert Brawl

Not a movie character for ROTF, and the original figure was deeply flawed. Fortunately, a slight remold in the shoulders fixed that. Arguably the most creative of the now three Deluxe+ sized Brawl molds that have been released - all weapons integrated into vehicle mode with no partsforming, and with a fully formed turret to boot. A real treat.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I was gonna say, I think that the original Deluxe Brawl is a really nice toy save for the unfortunate shoulder construction. But it does sound neat that they fixed this issue for Desert Brawl.

Speaking of appreciating older things, this morning I was rewatching this music video that I made in 2006 where I was mucking around with my first 3 CHUG figures -- Bumblebee, Mirage and Rodimus. These figures blew my socks off and I was carrying them all over the place where I was taking all sorts of random photos of them which I compiled into a music video. One thing in the video that's showing it's age is the "Your Rights At Work" sticker which was part of the 2006 industrial movement against John Howard's controversial Work Choices policy. Geez, how many PMs have we had since I made this vid?!
    P.S.: Also the presence of a chalkboard.

But this is what astounds me when I hear people female-dog about current CHUG toys like Predaking and the Monsterbots. Really? Remember when CHUG first started and we were completely over the moon with getting any G1 characters done with post-Beast Wars level engineering? If Hasbro had released Predaking or Grotusque back in 2006 everyone would have lost their minds! Now Hasbro releases these great toys and people wanna complain about them. I love what Sutton said on the Generations Grotusque review thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    Minor quibble though - I think we should all take a moment to appreciate that we even got updated versions of the Monsterbots.
    ↑THIS SO MUCH! (this is my favourite OTCA post of 2018 so far )

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    Seeing snaketales post reminded me, I remember I really liked Classics Dinobot but I sold him and kept the Henkei version - but I've never actually opened the Henkei version.

Now I think, 10 years later, maybe I won't like Dinobot so much so not sure if I should open him. Pretty much ruled out MP Dinobot due to price so it would be the Dinobot toy in my collection

Any Henkei MOSC/MISB is fairly valuable at this point so if monetary value is at all a concern keep Henkei Dinobot MOSC.

I never liked CHUG Dinobot myself and recently sold my Henkei Dinobot since I will soon have MP Dinobot to take his place.

Galvatran Guest

Would people be interested in buying Hasbro licensed diorama to complement the toys? Or would it be a fruitless venture for Hasbro? Which diorama set(s) peek your interest most?

^ Yes! I want some sort of G1 background for my MP and Chug characters.