Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Combiner Wars animated series by Machinima

Default Combiner Wars animated series by Machinima

http://bwtf.com/node/4242

While I understand the need to focus on Combiner Wars to market the currentr toys, I personally hope that they also include other "Classicsverse" toys to flesh out the cast (even if many of them just appear as cameo or background characters ).

There was a little more mentioned on the SDCC panel, but not much more.

Since CW is just a sub line of generations it would make sense (Hopefully) that they include other characters, otherwise it would be a pretty small cast, like you said.

The most exciting aspect of this (For me anyway) is they're apparently aiming this series at a Teen/Adult audience, Which sounds good to me!

"...a totally new kind of Transformers animation—one that, for the first time ever, is specifically designed for the teen and adult fans who’ve grown up loving the Transformers brand.”

I thought that was the point of TF Prime?

Prime still had kid appeal characters, Bumblebee/Smokescreen.

I suspect this will be like IDW Comics as a TV Show, more brutal which doesn't really have any kid appeal characters (at least in their G1 comics)
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Prime was predominantly aimed at kids with a few relatively superficial "Easter Eggs" for adults. It's nothing like Beast Wars which had a dual-layered character driven story that was simultaneously aimed at kids and adults. Beast Wars still reigns supreme as the best TF screen story ever written IMHO.

The only let down of Beast Wars was the animation. I liked the story and the first time I saw Dinobot die I cried (this was on re-runs)
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    The only let down of Beast Wars was the animation. I liked the story and the first time I saw Dinobot die I cried (this was on re-runs)
    Beast Wars had great CG for its time. And personally I think it still holds up just as well today.

As for the new Machinima series, I really hope they do it right. To be honest, I'm a little worried its going to end up being something like an animated comic type animation.

I am SO FREAKING LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!!!

I've been championing a CHUG cartoon for years! FINALLY!!!

I just hope they do it with manga-style animation rather than CGI. And considering it's also supposed to tie in with the new Devastation game I reckon there is a good chance

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I am SO FREAKING LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!!!

I've been championing a CHUG cartoon for years! FINALLY!!!

I just hope they do it with manga-style animation rather than CGI. And considering it's also supposed to tie in with the new Devastation game I reckon there is a good chance
    I'm right there with you. Best TF news for a long time. I'm so onboard with this it's not funny