View Poll Results: TF3 : DotM - worth watching?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • excellent, must see

50 43.86%
  • good, see if you can

35 30.70%
  • average

22 19.30%
  • disappointing, avoid it

7 6.14%
Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7172223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Review - Transformers 3 : Dark of the Moon (spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

Yes, I'd say the image of the Ark being utterly destroyed is now retconned out-of-continuity by the events in the film.
    Aha! So every canon is equal, but some are more equal than others.

Well I broke down & watched it with my missus.

A somewhat enjoyable if mindless action movie that left a sour taste in my mouth as I am a G1 fan first & foremost.

I have my own opinions on this fanchise & am not a fan of the style or substance (complete lack of) that makes up the movie series.

My girlfriends comments are quite telling as she is not a fan of Transformers more a tolerant bystander.

In all 3 movies I received the comments & questions after the movie or during the Blu Ray

Who is that?
    Is he good or bad?
    Why do they all look the same?
    What the f**k just happened?
    I like Bumblebee
    The bad guys are all the same.
    What was his name?
    Is he good or bad?
    This is so confusing.

She did figure out that the good guys have blue eyes & teh bad ones have red ones at least!

Bear in mind she will happily watch the G1 cartoon & knows the who the characters are etc.

I also found the Beyverse movie decepticons somewhat difficult to identify & I am a fan of Transformers.

In order to address this I watched the real TF movie last night with my missus & it was a far more enjoyable experience.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Finally saw it.

In a word... Hmmm, I don't think I can sum up my feelings in one word. I didn't think Bay could do any worse after ROTF... I was wrong! I was very disappointed with DOTM and could explain why... but I really can't be bothered, because I've wasted 2½ hours on the movie already and I honestly don't care enough anymore.

The best part - at least I never have to willingly watch another Michael Bay film for the rest of my life

Comparing the results of this poll to the second movie, I think there is no question that DOTM was an improvement.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Comparing the results of this poll to the second movie, I think there is no question that DOTM was an improvement.
    It would be far more unquestionable if the polls were the same, though - there's a huge difference between a five-star rating system and a poll with four options, one of which is "excellent - must see." Obviously the film is a must-see for everyone here, but even people who thought it was good must know they'd be kidding themselves to claim it's a five-star film. Also, if you read the actual thread, the comments are far more favourable towards ROTF than this thread is about DOTM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    I didn't think Bay could do any worse after ROTF... I was wrong!
    I agree. I suddenly have the urge to see ROTF again, because in my memory it's now become high art compared to DOTM.

I probably should have looked at what the previous poll format was like, to do the same with this one so that we could compare results.

If you pair up some of the options though, it seems that RotF was indeed hated more than DotM.
    The top two brackets for RotF would be the same as 'Excellent - must see'
    The next two would be the same as 'Good - see if you can'
    The next two would be the 'average' rating.
    And then the bottom four would be the 'disappointing' rating.

So RotF v DotM at this time:
    Excellent - 10% v 43%
    Good - 42% v 31%
    Average - 26% v 19%
    Disappointing - 22% v 6%

It's possible that the voting for TF2 was harsher because it failed to live up the expectations of the first one, while TF3 didn't have as high a benchmark to live up to, so was harder to disappoint those who lived through TF2.
    Like that old saying - set your standards low, and you'll always impress.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    - USA! USA! USA! Get that illegal nuclear facility in that coincidentally Middle Eastern country Autobots! For FREEDOM!
    Seeing this in the movies, reminded me of a very special movie.
    *Video has swearing in it.... lots*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcmuPc8_SWQ

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It's possible that the voting for TF2 was harsher because it failed to live up the expectations of the first one, while TF3 didn't have as high a benchmark to live up to, so was harder to disappoint those who lived through TF2.
    My expectations were definitely lowered after ROTF (which is just a bad film in general without also being a bad Transformers film). I think DOTM improved on all the things I didn't like in ROTF and I'm looking forward to seeing the third movie again tomorrow. Apart from an explanation as to how Megatron's back, not much is missed by skipping ROTF when watching the films.

Quote Originally Posted by KillinSpoon View Post
    Seeing this in the movies, reminded me of a very special movie.
    *Video has swearing in it.... lots*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcmuPc8_SWQ
    LOL, I love that film and yeah - That particular scene in DOTM certainly had a sense of that, but then, so do most US Military movies to me these days.
    I mean, look at who won an Oscar between Avatar and The Hurt Locker...

i enjoyed the movie, opening scene was amazing! also was impressed when prime trailer turns into an armoury. final battle i think should have had more autobot fatalities and megatrons death was too sudden.