View Poll Results: Trailcutter worth buying?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely!

15 78.95%
  • No Way!

0 0%
  • Only if he's cheap!

2 10.53%
  • Not interested!

2 10.53%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review: Generations Trailcutter (IDW Deluxe)

<checks.AU.list.thread> Aaah, crap on a hat!
    I'm going o/s at the end of the month, so hopefully I'll find something on my travels... if not then I'll have to hit the interwebs when I get back.

or they'll turn up at toymate and other secondary toy stores in a years time for $10 each. maybe. not.

is it worth the risk of missing out?
    I have one in my POL for that very reason.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    <checks.AU.list.thread> Aaah, crap on a hat!
    I'm going o/s at the end of the month, so hopefully I'll find something on my travels... if not then I'll have to hit the interwebs when I get back.
    May have to. Trailbreaker (APN 653569846734) isn't listed at TRU, Myer, Big W or Target

Got this guy in HK and I really love him. Reading the comic made me love the guy. I now need Whirl and Swerve as well...

Tiny but awesome figure.

My only gripe is the silver lights stick out like a submarine periscope if you choose not to place the "shield" as the tray cover.

Transformation is easy, don't waste your time unfolding the giant map that tries to pass itself off as the instructions. It isn't the same old transformation has a few clever little bits and pieces, but if you have transformed any recent classics vehicles, you'll get this one easily.

Comic is good as well, a nice little bonus, worth picking up online or here, as long as you come prepared for the smaller size we get for our deluxes across the board.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

The transformation is simple but sweet and still manages to be fun and it's a nice solid toy in both modes. I find the visible guns on the alt mode to be a tad strange... I don't know how many camper trucks have a pair of guns attached to their roofs. Roof as a shield. A shield... on a dude who generates his own force field? Really? Who does that?! I do wish they could've made the Autobot logo visible in robot mode though. Eh.

I quite like this figure - a quick, intuitive transform with a compact alt-mode very reminiscent of his G1 counterpart and a beefy looking bot mode. The only thing needed is for him to be bigger, a bit small for my liking when you stand him next to other generations figures. Overall however a good figure that pays homage to his (new) namesake and well worth picking up

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Roof as a shield. A shield... on a dude who generates his own force field? Really?

Hah - true!

Hi all - here's my take on this guy (plus the Strengthen Equipment add-on), sadly compromised size thanks to the plastic cost issues of those couple of years, but still such a good silhouette, and better than the CW one IMO:

Recent acquisitions: SS Leader Blackout & Deluxe Starscream, & FP Pinchar (Snarl)!
    Upcoming: SS Voyager OP, Megs, Brawl & Ironhide!
    Wishlist: Voyager Astrotrain & Octane (Thank you Hasbro!), Modern Dinobots (Thank you FP!)

Perth WAtch - YouTube - Sharing my passion for watches & horology
    Perth TransFan - YouTube - Sharing my interest in all things Transformers!