Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23456789101525 ... LastLast

Thread: Classics 2.0/Universe Comments thread

That mold is screaming for a Punch/Counterpunch repaint but everything within the Astral plane is pointing that it will end up being a Botcon/Club exclusive.

The more realistic retail repaint would be Red Altert.

The mould should be repainted into... Time Warrior!

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Pics of Sideswipe:

My thoughts are that he's a very nice redeco. I think he looks surprisingly better than in the pictures. Good ol' natural light piping works absolute wonders. I wasn't a 100% with the head sculpt since my ideal Sideswipe has always been the one I've seen on Iacon City. That aside, the half colouring of the weapons is very good to give us a "shoulder cannon".

I've noticed now Jaydisc's shoulder problems. My Sideswipe's shoulders are not the greatest and lower themselves easily. Definitely a point of wear and tear over the years. I suspect that may give me even more reason to triple up.

On closer inspection, the reds do appear to differ. Be the judge for yourself. The car deco is very nice with the black lines giving it a nice sleek feel. Perhaps the different shade of red detracts from it but the black lines go a long way to blurring that.

Of the two brothers, Sunstreaker is definitely the stronger in robot mode. I always felt in my childhood that the G1 Sideswipe toy was superior in robot mode. Looks like Classics 2.0 reverses that. The car mode definitely suits Sideswipe more. Having them next to each other in car mode, it does look a bit annoyingly similar.

And almost forgot, Sideswipe's jetpack actually is silver coloured which is a very nice touch.

Requested by Paulbot:

I think the pictures just show how strong the Sunstreaker version of this is. He works in both forms wonderfully whereas Sideswipe leaves a lot to be desired.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

They look great together! Nice pics STL. $30 though... Hmmm. I think the colour makes a huge difference for the roof. The yellow helps soften the size of the roof, and doesn't contrast with the grey legs and arms too much. whereas Sideswipes darker red contrasts with the grey a lot, exagerating the slim limbs.

PS. Are those tissue boxes at the back?

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Sideswipe, you know you wanna come home to 'ol Pulsey...

I very much prefer that canon over Henkei's but the color shade differences bothers me a lot on the Universe.

OMG Sideswipe looks great!

And thanks for the pics of Sideswipe in Sunstreaker mode. Ozformers was the first place for Sunstreaker as Sideswipe photos (from the toy fair) so I figured we should be the first(?) for the other way around too.

Thanks for the pics STL, Sidestreaker and Sunswipe look awesome, it's a clever mold that is screaming for a Counterpunch and a Red Alert repaint.

Even a G2 Sideswipe would look lovely in that mold.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

I felt I had to comment on the new Classics figures I acquired both on friday & today . Although I'm pretty sure my opinion on these new moulds is much the same as what's already been said, I felt I had to give you guys a heads-up on atleast one mould you guys may not have seen in the flesh yet .

# Red Powerglide: The colour really brings him to life, but the arms/shoulders are a bit iffy. 8/10

# White Silverbolt: Compared to Powerglide/Onslaught, his transformation is waaaaay too simple but the white picks him up overall. 6/10

# Sideswipe: Luv him! Pure Luv! 9/10

# Bluestreak: Just plain bee-you-tee-full! His colours are outstanding! 10/10

# Ironhide:
    Alt-mode - Compared to how well incorporated Sideswipe's/Bluestreak's transformation-lines' are in their alt-mode, Ironhide's transformation/panel lines are a complete mess. Both on his side & his roof, his alt-mode looks terrible...

Bot-mode = A thousand-times better than his Alt-mode. This is his better mode by-far! Plain & simple, it's all about the bot-mode!

IMHO, this particular vehicle mould is terrible... Henkei can't save this vehicle-mode, Ratchet can't save this vehicle mode - it's just a total mess...

Ironhide = Vehicle-mode 0/10, Bot-mode 7/10

Overall 7/10. IMO, Leave him in bot-mode all the time - It's his best mode by a mile.

I am also not expecting much with Ironhide and Ratchet's vehicle mode. The flaw is with the design not the paint job. Henkei may help to hide the lines a little more but its impossible to make them dissapear.

I have low expectations for both versions of this mold so that I won't be overly dissapointed once they arrive.