View Poll Results: What gender is (are) your child(ren)?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Boy(s)

15 40.54%
  • Girl(s)

6 16.22%
  • Both (even)

10 27.03%
  • More boys

3 8.11%
  • More girls

3 8.11%
Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 192934353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: The Parenting Thread

I know some people don't approve of the whole NAPLAN thing. I don't know enough about it to judge. I'm just super proud of my sons results.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Congratulations to you and your son!

Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there.

I did well today. In amongst a few other things, I got this:

I'm a happy chappy
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

How do you overcome the sometimes paralysing sense of worry you have for your children over all the bad things that could possibly happen to them in their lives?

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    How do you overcome the sometimes paralysing sense of worry you have for your children over all the bad things that could possibly happen to them in their lives?
    Try not to think the worst. We also pray that God will protect them.

But it's only natural to worry and it shows you care. Only a couple weeks ago we noticed all these bruises on my son and he didn't remember anyone hurting him. My wife mentioned Leukemia to me and so of course I was worried all night. This is despite me rationalising that it was highly unlikely given there were no other symptoms. Next morning we got his blood tested and fortunately he was fine.

This is something my partner seems to go through when it comes to major changes... My little one went to daycare on his own for the first time yesterday and my partner went back to work three weeks ago (I took some time off to help us adjust to the change, now I'm back at work too) and she'd driven herself to tears and panic in the lead up to both events, plus other changes like him moving from bassinet to cot.

I'll give you the same advice I give my other half, and it's advice I try to take myself too, and that's not to focus on the "what if?" but on the "what is." Accept there'll be times when the little one will be upset - first time away from parents, trips and falls, cuts and bruises, colds and illness, but don't worry about it before hand because it's not productive. Prepare as best you can of course, stock up on your first aid kit and cold/flu remedies for example, but spend more time focusing on the now, and the positive events in the future.

It's not always easy, especially if you're used to planning things so everything goes to plan (never does with kids) but learning to go with the flow, and seeing the positive out of any situation helps.

My oldest is 10 in 2 weeks. I'm getting worried. Kids these days are exposed to a lot more at a younger age and I don't know how he'll handle some of those things.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Thanks gents

Sitting on the couch watching "cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2"..... couldn't talk my 3yr old out of it.

I'd compare it to hitting yourself in the head with a hammer..... it's gonna feel soooooo good when it stops! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by janda the red View Post
    couldn't talk my 3yr old out of it.
    Why? What would happen if you just changed channels or switched the TV off?