Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vintage Console and Handhelds restoration Projects

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    That nice clean Gameboy is really making the cartridge look like it took a bath in a pot of tea!
    I have another nicer cartridge

I have to have two Gameboys with Tetris if I want to play with the Link Cable

Wow that Gameboy looks brand new!

That Game Boy looks like it came straight out of an unopened pack. Well done kup. Ever thought of changing your user handle to Ratchet
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Nice work Kup, very well done.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Thanks Guys

Here are some shots of less involved restorations. One is just a clean up and replacement screen protector for my 'Play it Loud!' childhood Game Boy:

It is of identical specs as an original GB (DMG-01). This is what an original Game Boy insides look like.

After clean up:
    (flash can cause what looks like imperfections on the screen surface)

Here is the finalized GBA from the first page with new buttons and screen protector

This Indigo is a GBA that I won for like $8 on an Ebay auction. It was supposed to be a junker that doesn't turn on but when I placed batteries in, it did All that it needed was a battery cover. There are some scratches on the screen protector but they are rather minor, not worth replacing despite already having a spare.

It's cool that you've managed to find junkers for cheap. My recently purchased Neo Geo unfortunately has a crack on the shell, so i've been keeping an eye on Ebay for potential replacements with no luck - USD $175 for a busted one!

It's cool that you've managed to find junkers for cheap. My recently purchased Neo Geo unfortunately has a crack on the shell, so i've been keeping an eye on Ebay for potential replacements with no luck - USD $175 for a busted one!
    Where is the crack?

I am in a somewhat similar situation. I bought an SNES for what seemed like cheap and I am counting on it being functional (you never know until you receive it). Unfortunately on looking at pics that I originally missed, it looks to be somewhat yellowed...Looks like I may have to try that Retrobright formula.

The crack's right on the front just above the controller ports, actually a piece looks to have fully come off at some point. Though a previous owner has glued it back in place about as best as you could have hoped for, some of the glue is starting to weaken.

A big knock and it could snap off, so i'm just being careful with it now. From a distance it's not really that noticeable so i'm not super-fussed about finding a replacement anyway.

The crack's right on the front just above the controller ports, actually a piece looks to have fully come off at some point. Though a previous owner has glued it back in place about as best as you could have hoped for, some of the glue is starting to weaken.

A big knock and it could snap off, so i'm just being careful with it now. From a distance it's not really that noticeable so i'm not super-fussed about finding a replacement anyway.
    Have you tried pulling it apart and re-gluing the shell? If it's a clean break and if you add the right amount of glue, it could end up nice and nearly invisible and strong. Specially with the black.