Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro bans KOs & 3rd party goods at Botcon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hasbro bans KOs & 3rd party goods at Botcon

As the title says, Hasbro has finally taken a stand in regards to Knock offs and Unofficial toys at Botcon.

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...on-2012/24308/

Although this is only affecting dealers at Botcon, at least they are taking a stand. Hopefully the 3rd party movement success has opened their eyes and allowed them to acknowledge that quality collector focused toys can be profitable and a good market to exploit with the right items.

...On the other hand, they may be all bark and no bite and nothing will really change

why is this topic doubled up?

It isn't...

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    ...On the other hand, they may be all bark and no bite and nothing will really change
    This is exactly what I expect will happen... as it happened with KOs - they issued a stern warning 2-3 years ago for BotCon about counterfeit toys, and then we saw nothing from them about it from then on.

Without trying to spark a debate on KO's and 3rd party items, I agree with this move completely. It's their con therefore they have every right to dictate what is sold / displayed there. If people don't like it, don't go.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I'm all for 3rd Party and 100% against KOs. Ar$3holes trying to get bucks from thieving other peoples intellectual properties $h!7 me to no end.
    It's good to hear they're getting cracked down on, i only hope they do a thorough and proper job of it!
    It's kindof a shame that 3rd party stuffs might have to cop some on the chin through all of this. I think these conventions should celebrate all things transformers related. A handful of these 3/P-companies actually make great contributions to our capitalist hobby and shouldn't be ignored. I do however accept that 3/P dealer booths may not be allowed that's plenty fair enough but having said that, i'd prefer to see them stay.

Quote Originally Posted by MindsetOverhaul View Post
    I'm all for 3rd Party and 100% against KOs. Ar$3holes trying to get bucks from thieving other peoples intellectual properties $h!7 me to no end.
    Are you suggesting that 3rd party companies don't infringe on Hasbro and Takara's intellectual property? :/

The question now is would 3rd party sellers set up shop like 5m outside Botcon?

They'll sell their stuff across the road at Robot Convention.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Are you suggesting that 3rd party companies don't infringe on Hasbro and Takara's intellectual property? :/
    nope.

EDIT: i think i know what you're alluding to and if so, i get it.

imo, most 3rd party stuff is just junk. Some of it REEEALLY f#@king sucks, and some of it crosses my makeshift moral margins regarding the whole subject. anyhow, there's a big difference between producing KOs and "infringing" upon HasTaks' intellectual property ie; scratch-building a transformable toy in the likeness of Transformers brand character. shi7 tonne of grey area