Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic review: More Than Meets The Eye season 2: #28 onwards

MTMTE #45!

The scavengers are back, and I know lots of fans have been saying "yes, they should have their own ongoing" but i really enjoy them being in this more piece-meal, like the DJD. I don't mind little stop-offs from the main narrative. They still feel very MTMTE-ey and this issue has some great twists.

The foreshadowing of "lists" and Krok mentioning the "DJD" get right into your head that they might be the ones coming for Demus, but I love the final page twist. Did NOT expect HIM to turn up - but this is a great tie in to the whole MTMTE continuity. It also feels similar to the last page arrival he had in #4.

A joy in this comic was having Milne back. I love the fill in artists too, and they do comic storytelling so well, but MILNE is the visuals of this book.

B+, not an A cause it felt quicker than other MTMTE reads and I want #46 now.
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

Quote Originally Posted by bassbot View Post
    MTMTE #45!
    The foreshadowing of "lists" and Krok mentioning the "DJD" get right into your head that they might be the ones coming for Demus, but I love the final page twist. Did NOT expect HIM to turn up - but this is a great tie in to the whole MTMTE continuity. It also feels similar to the last page arrival he had in #4.
    I too did not expect him. I didn't expect the DJD (maybe, just maybe I was thinking Deathsaurus and his army) but this twist is even better.

When do we get the Grimlock story to fill in the blanks?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

A satisfying conclusion, and more clues about what is to come with this mysterious faction. The ramifications are massive for the galaxy spanning series and I wonder how long it'll be before we get some real crossover in the Cybertron/Earth series.

Starting to get a whole G2 vibe about where this is going, where the Cybertronians will have to unite under one banner to take on a massive galactic threat (Galactic Council, this new faction, humans; whoever) who are out to rid the universe of Transformers.

I wonder how it will tie (if at all) to the new Wreckers series.

It also now makes a bit more sense (i guess) as to why ol' Grimlock was on that organic ship and now I wonder what will happen to him. I'd still like more information about how / why he was able to leave Garrus 9 and if Overlord perhaps sold him off to this new faction.

Lets have a third series that is actually decent, MtMtE, Scavengers and RiD. Scavengers honestly could not be any worse as a bimonthly ongoing as Windblade was (and I liked the core concept and title character!)

It was an interesting issue indeed, not the best of the season but far from the worst.

The single page with the mystery faction was not as intriguing as the discovery of their World Sweeper in the first scavengers story, I guess we'll need to wait for a future issue (probably season) to make any sense of it.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Starting to get a whole G2 vibe about where this is going, where the Cybertronians will have to unite under one banner to take on a massive galactic threat (Galactic Council, this new faction, humans; whoever) who are out to rid the universe of Transformers.
    This is an interesting idea, particularly if it were the Galactic council, while they have sort of played an antagonist role on their brief appearance's in MTMTE so far, given the misery and destruction the Transformers have caused ( a lot of which is only mentioned briefly) one can't help but feel them they would be somewhat justified if they did try to remove the Transformer threat, which, which would make for some interesting moral quandary's for a series that is already full of interesting grey characters, Id love to see collaborators in such a conflict and not necessarily obvious villains like Tyrest.

It also now makes a bit more sense (i guess) as to why ol' Grimlock was on that organic ship and now I wonder what will happen to him. I'd still like more information about how / why he was able to leave Garrus 9 and if Overlord perhaps sold him off to this new faction.
    Sidetrack here but whenever Garrus 9 comes up, I always wonder what happened to Scorponok, as I assume that's where they would have incinerated him after the Dinobot series, assuming he's not on life support somewhere. I would like to see him show up again one day in the hands of a writer like James Roberts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Sidetrack here but whenever Garrus 9 comes up, I always wonder what happened to Scorponok, as I assume that's where they would have incinerated him after the Dinobot series, assuming he's not on life support somewhere. I would like to see him show up again one day in the hands of a writer like James Roberts.
    Since we only know of Garrus 9 (does it mean that there are 8 other Garrus facilities for the lesser criminals, like is Garrus 1 for the bots caught jaywalking or who don't pay their parking tickets?) it make sense he would be there. It is a little sad that we haven't had his name brought up. I'd imagine the DJD would have an interest in him too.

I also won't be surprised if he is at the head of this new faction.

Loved the latest issue. We are back on the lost light with a story revolving around Tailgate, Cyclonus and Getaway. Not the story I was expecting, nor the ending. Surely it has to be a misdirect?

Now the worst part about MtMtE, waiting a month for the next issue!

Loved the latest issue. We are back on the lost light with a story revolving around Tailgate, Cyclonus and Getaway. Not the story I was expecting, nor the ending. Surely it has to be a misdirect?

I'm wondering on the misdirect but I get the feeling no, the final moment for ------- will stay - the poignancy of it is so touching and emotional that a return or do-over would render this issue nigh on pointless.

Brendan Cahill did an amazing job of the layouts and art, Joana has taken what Josh B did in season one and ramped up the colours another few gears. I'm loving MTMTE and especially #47 this week!
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

IMHO "The Agenda, Part 3" ranks as the most excruciating cliffhanger in Transformers for me! We had to wait a freakin' year before finding out what happened next!

Wasn't too taken by the Scavenger issues, but this latest issue. Not what I expected (covers misled me) but wowsers.

I had need for this image and it made me think of MTMTE. Some of the characterisations in MTMTE are brand new or radically different, but Ratchet's is one where it feels consistent with the Marvel G1 version. I could see IDW Ratchet swapping places with this Ratchet with no problem.

On the Comics Alliance website, MTMTE has been recognised in their 2015 awards with James Robert, best writer and Best continued excellence

It's always great to see general comic book sites recognise MTMTE (and it happens often). My go-to comic reviewers at House of Astonish have frequently pointed out that if the book wasn't called "Transformers" it would be winning major awards but people are biased about a toy tie-in.