Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Generations: Superion & Menasor (1st Photos)

It's nice to see that they're trying. But they don't seem to know what to do with the bot mode arms in combined mode. 3rd party will make replacements for those tiny feet/hands. Motormaster looks like he's a remold of voyager Optimus.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Official Superion images

Official Menasor images

They will be released across two waves early next year. Superion mostly in the first wave.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Official Superion images

Official Menasor images

They will be released across two waves early next year. Superion mostly in the first wave.
    Looking at these pics the individual bot and alt modes looke fine. It just comes undone when they combine. And Motormaster and Optimus Prime are definitely similar molds.

Blackjack's the sixth Stunticon now. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    Looking at these pics the individual bot and alt modes looke fine. It just comes undone when they combine. And Motormaster and Optimus Prime are definitely similar molds.
    It was revealed at the Hasbro panel that the upcoming Voyager Optimus Prime can also combine with the Superion and/or Menasor deluxes.

I don't understand why Hasbro felt the need to change slingshot and wildriders alt modes. I get that they probably don't want 4 jets in one wave and 4 sports cars in another but if they split 2 jets and 2 cars to a wave it wouldn't be a problem.

A helicopter just looks and feels wrong amongst those jets. I can forgive the less than perfect combined mode, I understand they have budget restrictions that prevent them from making these perfect like I'm sure their designers are capable off but there is no excuse for making slingshot a helicopter. At least his robot mode looks good, I'm loving those wrist missiles.

I don't get why they changed wildrider to the off-road truck, they already made brakedown a truck in Prime and his constructbot toy is a truck. Since they felt the need to change one of the stunticons alt modes why not continue the trend and make brakedown the truck.
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

Maybe budget restrictions. I'm thinking we will see Alpha Bravo and Offroad repainted as Vortex and Swindle. Just a guess...

I think everyone will be suspecting that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Maybe budget restrictions. I'm thinking we will see Alpha Bravo and Offroad repainted as Vortex and Swindle. Just a guess...
    Now that you mention it, he looks like he was designed to be vortex first and an aerial bot second.

Besides the helicopter thing, I'm actually pretty satisfied with these. It could've ended up A LOT worse all things considered.

Wow actually decent job by Hasbro. Was a bit letdown by the feet at first, but on closer look it seems that they just glued the hands on so hopefully it's just a placeholder for the feet for now