Page 50 of 154 FirstFirst ... 304045464748495051525354556070 ... LastLast

Thread: Lego Acquisitions

Pirate sets were easy to find at most Melbourne Target's. I was dissapointed to see Market Village totally pillaged by the time I got there at 1pm.

I agree that Space Police were great sets. Although I was disappointed with the Space Truck, in particular the bare underside of the container. All other sets were amazing though.

Pirates never interested me. even when I tried to like them.

That Power Miner set was creative in the use of just wheels and friction to have 5 moving grinders without the use of gears. Also love the fact that there's a coffee machine inside the cab.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Well I got one Medievel Market Village but I think I need two to make a decent sized set. One as per instructions and one custom tweaked a bit to provide the necessary differences.
    Really can't wait till I'm able to make this up.

I was going to get it but have decided against the Medieval market to focus on the Premium sets (Firestation, Market Street, Cafe Corner etc or Taj mahal/Eiffel Tower) . Only reason I might change is if they give us something like a scene that premium sets which display so well. It's a bit of a regret cos I was looking forward to it a lot but i just don't have the space for it.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

I built my Medieval Market Village last night and despite having no trolls or skeletons in it whatsoever it is an AWESOME set.

Unfortunately now that it is built I am very convinced that I have a missing piece. I've never had a missing piece from a lego set ever, what is the best course of action? I don't feel like dismantling the whole damned thing and returning it to Target on the account of a single 1x1 brick and its not the kind of piece that can be left out without looking glaringly bad. Well... thats not entirely true, I could do the i-pod shuffle.

Just send a email to Lego customers service and they'll send you a replacement. Lego has one of the best customers services of all the toy companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    I got the new pirate ship and medieval market village back in Dec/Jan from Lego.com

The main ship from Space Police 3 is SOOOOOO tempting...

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Unfortunately now that it is built I am very convinced that I have a missing piece. I've never had a missing piece from a lego set ever, what is the best course of action? I don't feel like dismantling the whole damned thing and returning it to Target on the account of a single 1x1 brick and its not the kind of piece that can be left out without looking glaringly bad. Well... thats not entirely true, I could do the i-pod shuffle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Just send a email to Lego customers service and they'll send you a replacement. Lego has one of the best customers services of all the toy companies.
    Don't email! Simply use the great form built for this purpose here.

THanks for the advice guys!

Nabbed me two car creator sets from birthday monies thanks to the TRU sale.

4993 for $40 and 6743 for $14.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

This thread is collecting dust.

Recent Lego Acquisitions: The two truck Creator sets: 6752 Fire Truck & 6753 Carrier Truck. Probably the best sets I've built since the Agents Truck and the Technic Tow Truck. The build and detail is just amazing. Their sizes are mindblowing too, the tyres are as tall as a minifig. Have added in a few TF figures in there (RotF Jolt, Sideswipe & Bumblebee. Also Universe Inferno) for size comparison.

4 doors open, roof detaches easily so you can have a gander at the interior complete with seating for 4. No hand of god steering or steering at all for the tyres. The ladder stretches out, spins around a full 360 and can angle upwards at 90 degrees. The model engineering is done well as I couldn't believe the parts that came in the box could make this. The back is mainly panels to save a lot of pieces. One qualm is that the front bumper is only secured by 4 studs and could have done with some more towards the bottom as it tends to come off when nidged or touched with a bit of force.

Amazing set. The size of this puts even Masterpiece Prime's truck cab to shame. The cab is truly a work of art with the perfect lines and detail to sculpt the real life counterpart its imitating. The doors swing open, there are two chairs and steering wheel, gear shift, indicator bar and even a coffee maker. The roof detaches easily for an easier look at the interior. The trailer is a little simple and bare but it does it's job and has a little stand for when it comes off the cab, and 3 ramps that move to let the cars off. The two cars are gorgeous (red and white) and the yellow and green one are older sets that fit perfectly with this set. Deluxe TF fit too, perhaps a tad smaller.
    Last edited by Stompy; 11th August 2009 at 12:13 AM.