Page 27 of 467 FirstFirst ... 71722232425262728293031323747 ... LastLast

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Or just make one up. They probably wont post anything to you so you could probably get away with a made up address.

Blackoptimus
    42 Generic st
    Happyland
    SA 90210

Just found out the PC version of Alan Wake has been cancelled making it an Xbox 360 exclusive. Absolutely gutted, that was my most anticipated title this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Just found out the PC version of Alan Wake has been cancelled making it an Xbox 360 exclusive. Absolutely gutted, that was my most anticipated title this year.
    I wouldnt worry too much its going to bomb its been hyped way too much
    Dream's to own MP Prime and MP Grimlock will most likely stay a dream..

Quote Originally Posted by CryptiK View Post
    I wouldnt worry too much its going to bomb its been hyped way too much
    I keep getting Alan Wake confused with Alone in the Dark and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. They all look the same now

Gt myself Alien Vs Predator for my PS3. Having never played AVP before (just the awesome Alien trilogy on my Saturn) I must admit, I am enjoying the experience so far. I read a review that complained about how the sounds were the same as the movie ones and very little was new. But that is exactly what I want, the ping of the motion tracker, the funky noise the pulse rifle makes, alien noises and predator's stealth cloak.

Wheeeeeeeeee!

So far, the gore level is fairly low. SUre you can bite peoples heads as an alien and rip them off as a Pred, but in regards to the R Rtaing it almost got, from my experiences so far, its nothing extreme. I would probably put it in the higher end of the MA rating, but the frequency of head ripping is so low and happens so fast, I would query the decision to give it an R (not the we have on), jut like SEGA did. Good on them I say!

Only 9 days until the closure of the discussion paper. I hope that many people have filled one out and sent it in. It all counts.

I would put AVP into an R rating IF we had one. Some of those Predator Trophy kills are quite full on, I love it how after ripping out the head & spinal column, he holds up the face and gently strokes it, madness! Its perfect in every way!.

I can't wait to read some of the reviews that bad mouth it, I wanna know what they don't like about it, game play wise it hasn't evolved since the first 2, but it didn't need to, they were really well made games.

I got Mass Effect 2 and Revenge of the Fallen for 360 for my birthday (I'd been eyeing RotF for a while). Mass Effect 2 is alright so far - the graphics are really crisp, but the environments are too much like KOTOR2 (Bioware's other big space RPG title) for me to really buy into it.

RotF is reasonably fun - I'm playing as G1 Starscream or Sunstorm in a lot of the SP missions because I've been reading a lot of the old Dreamwave comics in the last month and that's the state of mind that I'm in. Multiplayer is good fun - I'm usually Bumblebee on the Autobots or Sideways on the Decepticons (snipers for the win).

Re Alan Wake - what's the point of making it a 360 exclusive? I thought half the draw was that it would require some obscene amount of processing and graphics power to render the world, the weather, and the people all in real time and with obscene detail. Power that the 360 doesn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Re Alan Wake - what's the point of making it a 360 exclusive? I thought half the draw was that it would require some obscene amount of processing and graphics power to render the world, the weather, and the people all in real time and with obscene detail. Power that the 360 doesn't have.
    I think it's just a case of Microsoft being greedy ****s (as we know console versions are always more expensive than their PC counterparts). I'm sure they'll release it on PC eventually, but not before they've made however many extra Xbox 360/360 Alan Wake sales because of the exclusivity...

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    I would put AVP into an R rating IF we had one. Some of those Predator Trophy kills are quite full on, I love it how after ripping out the head & spinal column, he holds up the face and gently strokes it, madness! Its perfect in every way!.

I can't wait to read some of the reviews that bad mouth it, I wanna know what they don't like about it, game play wise it hasn't evolved since the first 2, but it didn't need to, they were really well made games.
    I got a little further into the Pred story and decided yeh, this is pretty full on stuff in this game. I see the reasons why it was intially refised. Anyway, Yay we got it.

As for the bad mouthing reviews, none that I have read give it a complete panning, but a couple of issues I have come across that are a little annoying with the controls specifically. The aliens campaign has you pressing a button to allow movement from one surface to another (eg flor to wall) but it doesn't always work that way. The Pred, the option to leap is hard to judge what can be lept without using the leap button and targeter. SOme things look leapable, but when you try it apparently cant.

Not to sound like a PC elitist (love my PS3 ) but I can't imagine playing an AvP game on a console. If anything requires twitch controls (esp for the multi), it's this game.
    Last edited by Doubledealer; 21st February 2010 at 01:50 AM.