Thread: MOTUC Review Extravaganza!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default MOTUC Review Extravaganza!

All Video reviews by Pixel Dan! My own comments are after the links.

MOTUC Shadow Weaver - Freaking fantastic! She is almost worth the hassle of a sub if you are a fan. First time this character gets a toy!

MOTUC Sorceress - This figure did not turn out as good as it should have. After the awesome prototype that the 4H produced, Mattel decided to add some horrible wing tooling and made her have a goofy smile. The weird thighs they gave her are also not so good. This is a bit of a fail by Mattel, specially on a highly anticipated figure.

MOTUC Fearless Photog - The winning entry for the make a character contest that was held in the 80s. It was supposed to be made into a toy but Mattel never got around to it back then. This is mostly a promise fulfilled although I am not sure if I like the character concept.

MOTUC Star Sisters - A controversial release as not many people are happy with getting these very obscure (and expensive) characters in the sub, specially when they are yet to do better known She-Ra characters like Angela or Glimmer. They are based on 80s Princess of Power prototypes that were never released. They are also super girly

MOTUC Fisto - Easily the best figure we've had in a very long time. This is what MOTUC should be! A figure that celebrates all incarnations of a character.
    Last edited by kup; 15th January 2012 at 05:21 PM.

Have to say I look forward to Fisto. I feel he's a bit of an underrated character.

Some interesting stuff here and it's great to see some 1sts; has there been any word from the now surely 30+ y/o bloke who won that competition, so long ago , with regards to his thoughts on his concept finally coming to fruition?

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Some interesting stuff here and it's great to see some 1sts; has there been any word from the now surely 30+ y/o bloke who won that competition, so long ago , with regards to his thoughts on his concept finally coming to fruition?
    Here is the first part of an Interview:

http://www.he-man.org/resources/archive.php?id=942

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Here is the first part of an Interview:

http://www.he-man.org/resources/archive.php?id=942
    Cheers for the link Kup.

It certainly seems that he truly appreciated all that was awarded to him and now he's a serving member of the American Armed Forces... Apart from the, up until now, non-produced figure the whole story played out quite positively.
    It'll be interesting to read the follow-up piece that will surely show his reaction to seeing the figure for the 1st time, you'll have to keep us posted on that dude.

I really am quite shocked how Pixel Dan does his reviews at times, he rips heads off and moves the limbs like he doesnt care if he breaks the figure.... I guess coz he has lots of the same figure but still....
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]