Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Digital art advice

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    I scanned some instructions from a model kit and used that as a template to draw lines in Illustrator. Import those into Photoshop and use them to make paths for selections. Handy for things like symmetrical shapes, concentric circles and logos.

Mate, that is a fine piece of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Sam, I did several pages for Verno's Beast Wars online comics recently where I did digital coloring. I was getting tired of all the 3D I usually do.

Flat coloring, then tri-tone shaded, then blurs and blends, then gradient overlays, followed by textures and filters for glows and effects.

Just to emphasize; I only did the coloring, pencils/inks and text were done by others.
    I don't think I will ever get to say "I was getting tired of all the 3D I usually do."

Your colours really bring the art work to life!

Thanks guys and sorry to Sam for hijacking his thread

Tober nice work. I wish I had your 3D 'problem'. I used mainly noise for textures and the paint brush with path selections for almost everything else. Lots of blurs and radial blurs for things like brake discs. Bevels up and down for the brake assemblies. I used multiply and screen overlays for things like sky reflections and deep shadows.

I don't have any more artwork to show other than the Rossi version. The idea was to produce a series but it just takes too long to complete. I wish I had more time to devote to it. The size by the way is A2 at 300dpi.