Page 119 of 152 FirstFirst ... 99109114115116117118119120121122123124129139 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1520

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Took the wife out to the Rorters (intentional spelling mistake) vs. the Panfers (again). Game was at the SFS, but it was easily a 60-40 Panfers crowd.

As a neutral supporter (as neutral as you can be against Easts! ) it was a brilliant game, with wonderful atmosphere and highly entertaining.

The better team won, the better fans won (Roosters fans were only loud when Soward was kicking for goals) and the refs were saved from a review into some farcical decisions. If I didn't know better, I'd say you could tell the exact moment the bribe money from the Roosters arrived in each half.

I was saddened to see the Bulldogs progress, I do not enjoy Ennis having success, and can't wait for him to join a perennial loser, where he will have to compete for the team title of biggest grub, most annoying, biggest boofhead on the field, and worst referee abuser. Its a shame as he seems a genuinely nice bloke when not being a jerk on the field.

Here is hoping that the Cowboys beat the Rorters this week, and Souths beat the Dogs (can't see Manly winning again this season). Any combo of Penrith, Cowboys and Souths GF is what I am cheering for.
    Yeah the Penruff win was a brilliant game all round and all I hear from Rooters fans is oh the Refs were against them instead of appreciating what a wonderful game it was. I agree with ya I'm up for a Penrith VS Souths/Cowboys GF too

Souths won't play the dogs the finals will now end up Penrith VS Dogs/Manly and Souths VS Cowboys/Rooters

I think the Gods are backing Penrith they do not lose. If your team is still in the comp it is scary coming up against them.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

NFL season is underway. I think someone will get a laugh at this

HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

^ BWAHAHAHAHAHAA

(Although, I shouldn't be laughing too hard at that considering Kaepernick's 4 turnovers against da Bears on Monday ).

Oh, and sucks about Bradford. I hope he can bounce back again. His preseason form was great and things were starting to look up for him.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    ^ BWAHAHAHAHAHAA

(Although, I shouldn't be laughing too hard at that considering Kaepernick's 4 turnovers against da Bears on Monday ).

Oh, and sucks about Bradford. I hope he can bounce back again. His preseason form was great and things were starting to look up for him.
    Yeah I think given the time he has spent on injured reserve Bradford has played his last game at St. Louis especially if Austin Davis goes alright for the rest of the year.

Two awful games of football in the one day.

The Hawks were deserving winners of the AFL final, but it was a dull match to watch as it was over before halftime. I only watch the AFL occasionally but I have no idea what the Swans plan was, why it backfired so badly and why they didn't try to fix it.

As for the Panthers vs. dogs, what a horrible math that was ruined by some of he most atrocious officiating I have ever seen. Ruined a great event and the brilliant atmosphere at the stadium as the better team lost the match due to what would almost seem to be deliberate preferential treatment.
    It was so badly done that I would not be surprised to find out the NRL orchestrated a Bulldogs vs Souths final for.... Reasons... Except that we all know that the NRL head honchos can barely organise how to get from their HQ to the SFS.

The muppets with the whistles from the Panfers vs dogs match better not get a chance to even attend next weeks match, the officials in charge of the Souths and rorters on Friday had a brilliant match. Handler will be loving being the underdogs all week, and I do not looks at all forward to all the idiot "doggies" stories in the media over the next week.

On a positive note, let us all hope that Ennis's career is over, as much as I want him to join the drug cheats and drag them down further with his numerous penalties and cheap shots, never having to see his antics on the field again is too good to believe. Now if only some giant forward would mangle the Reynolds idiot the Bulldogs would have a halfway decent squad, instead of being the Grubdogs.

As a proud Newcastle supporter, all I can say now is "glory glory to South Sydney"!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I won't be watching the grand final. I hate both teams and don't want to see either raise the trophy. Apart from the standard Balmain grudge against the bunnies I am certain they cheat the cap. When Dave Taylor used to play for them he lived in the same units as a rep from one of my supply companies. Although Taylor was only paid his contract amount there were perks from Russell. For instance Taylor "rented" his unit off Russell Crowe and the rental agreement stated the landlord paid for all bills etc

It would be nice to have money. South Sydney a club proud on tradition and its juniors will win the grand final with a team of Englishmen, Islanders and Queenslanders.

Sydney had such a good season and played really well against North last week. They were just too slow in the Grand Final and Tippett just couldn't pull off what he usually does. Next year, for sure.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I loved every minute of the AFL Grand Final last weekend. It's funny how when they win, they're referred to as The Bloods, but when they loose, it's The Swans.

There was a great article in the Herald Sun leading up to the GF basically saying to everyone in Sydney "It's that time of the year to care about the Swans again". They are irrelevant once again The best part about all of this is that Buddy came to Sydney to win a Premiership... he should have stayed put
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I loved every minute of the AFL Grand Final last weekend. It's funny how when they win, they're referred to as The Bloods, but when they loose, it's The Swans.

There was a great article in the Herald Sun leading up to the GF basically saying to everyone in Sydney "It's that time of the year to care about the Swans again". They are irrelevant once again The best part about all of this is that Buddy came to Sydney to win a Premiership... he should have stayed put
    haha i totally agree and is the reason i believe Sydney Really isnt Sydney's team

every year they do well the media plays up SMFC and the Bloods and all that rubbish as soon as they do not perform its Sydney... it really bugs me they have SMFC on the back of the Jersey....its like how can fans commit to you if you as a club cant commit to sydney....

i understand that heritage always will be a factor in any code but it still bugs me

kinda like Wests Tigers....

THEY ARE NOT BALIMAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy