Page 165 of 215 FirstFirst ... 145155160161162163164165166167168169170175185 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2146

Thread: I need to share my joy! (aka the Happy Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by nexusnixx View Post
    OOhhhhhhh exciting times!!! Fingers crossed for you!
    Alas, they declined our offer, and the place goes to auction on Saturday. Looks like we're taking our chances at auction.

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    Alas, they declined our offer, and the place goes to auction on Saturday. Looks like we're taking our chances at auction.
    Good luck at the auction, make sure you have all the inspections done that you want done up front, as unlike a purchase an auction sale is final and if you then find any issues you can't back out of it.

I also recommend making sure you have some money left over to make changes/updates prior to moving in, maybe a new lick of paint or carpet or something along those lines.

Make sure you stick to your limit at the auction too, the last thing you want is to be struggling to pay off your mortgage in a couple years because you got too excited.

remember it's just like eBay only on a bigger scale, if you don't get this one, there will be another one you like on the market next week, especially now that we're moving into spring.
    I wish you all the best with it.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Good luck at the auction, make sure you have all the inspections done that you want done up front, as unlike a purchase an auction sale is final and if you then find any issues you can't back out of it.

I also recommend making sure you have some money left over to make changes/updates prior to moving in, maybe a new lick of paint or carpet or something along those lines.

Make sure you stick to your limit at the auction too, the last thing you want is to be struggling to pay off your mortgage in a couple years because you got too excited.

remember it's just like eBay only on a bigger scale, if you don't get this one, there will be another one you like on the market next week, especially now that we're moving into spring.
    I wish you all the best with it.
    Thanks mate. We're pretty aware of what we're in for (it's my first property, but my gf has owned prior), so we know what work we're looking at in the immediate future.

Thanks mate. We're pretty aware of what we're in for (it's my first property, but my gf has owned prior), so we know what work we're looking at in the immediate future.
    Awesome!
    I remember our first Auction and my wife was having kittens about it. I can't help providing unsolicited advice, its' such a big event. the deposit cheque is the largest cheque you'll probably ever see Would like to hear how it goes, especially if it goes well

All the best matey!

Settlement was completed this arvo on the house I bought. I am now a newly minted home owner with a bucketload of debt!

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Settlement was completed this arvo on the house I bought. I am now a newly minted home owner with a bucketload of debt!
    Congratulations, good sir
    Now comes the fun part of moving in

Congratulations! The best advice I can offer is to smash that mortgage! It feels very good to see that huge amount of debt lowering faster than the banks want you to.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Congratulations! The best advice I can offer is to smash that mortgage! It feels very good to see that huge amount of debt lowering faster than the banks want you to.
    I couldn't agree more!

Congrats sir!