Thread: JP Wonderfest 2018 Transformers displays

Default JP Wonderfest 2018 Transformers displays

Just like last year, the Wonderfest convention in Japan is on at the same time as Toyfair in America, so it is a big weekend for Transformers toy reveals.

The TakaraTomy displays included...

- Masterpiece - includes Movie Barricade, Anime Prowl, Shadow Panther and Dinobot.

- Movie Studio Series - the same toys as Hasbro revealed today at Toyfair in New York.

- Power of the Primes - also pretty much the same toys on display at Toyfair, but only grey prototypes of Predaking and Optimal Optimus.

- Movie The Best - covers the next few toys (MB-12 to MB-20), which are exclusive to Japan, and are released over the next couple of months.

- Star Wars Powered by Transformers - the first two figures (Darth Vader & Chewbacca/Han Solo).

Nothing new was revealed (which is normal for Wonderfest), but there might still be a presentation some time over the weekend.

I never realised that there would be a physical texture to Dinobot's dino mode skin. I bet that must be a pain to tool for.

I hope Dinobot is mistransformed. Robot mode is ace though.

The Optimal Optimus looks great though.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I never realised that there would be a physical texture to Dinobot's dino mode skin. I bet that must be a pain to tool for.
    Now we know where all the money went.

I am disappointed to see the terrorcons are the same colour scheme stickers and all. Was really hoping they would keep the unite warriors line going.

Well hasbro did say something about uniting the brand so, it probably would not make a difference if they did.