Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Transformers: Earth wars has landed

Despite all the attention going to the new game (Forged to Fight), the last one (Earth Wars) is still kicking along... and has introduced some Beast Wars characters (a little late to the 20th anniversary party).

Apparently you can only access the BW characters if you have reached a certain level in the game.

The Earth Wars games app has celebrated one year (despite being out 18 months), and clocking up 10 million downloads.

A press release for the addition of Volcanicus (Vs Predaking), to the Earth Wars game.... including some official images and a promo video.

After only being officially revealed last weekend at HasCon, it looks like the Volcanicus character was being prepared for this big joint reveal some time ago.

They have various music from the G1cartoon playing in the game at the moment - friggin loving it! Makes me battle so much harder!

They ever release that music on CD I’m totally getting it

2-3 years later and the Earth Wars game continues being updated with new events and characters, with the latest two being the Titan Cities, Metroplex and Trypticon.
    An intro video can be seen on youtube, along with this one featuring special guest Simon Furman.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I dropped off this one when an update made it not work on my iPad.

I've since got a new iPad so maybe I could start up again, however I imagine I'm so far behind now it wouldn't be worth it.

Is the game this good, or worth the expense?
    According to the CEO of the company that produced the Transformers Earth Wars app game, a person has spent about US$150,000 on in-game purchases.... that's over AU$220,000.

Someone has way too much money to waste... and what do they have of saleable value to show for it, or even to be famous for?

It is also disturbing to have the game industry to talk so casually about the software that identifies these big spenders, to help the game companies target them with offers to keep them spending. (similar to the gambling games that identify problem gamblers and send them free credits to keep them hooked, to then spend their own money when the freebies run out)

I really like it. I have only bought some crystals once which was about $8. Everyone and everything else I have I have earnt over time. It is really beneficial if you can get in a faction that actually does events. For a couple of years I was in one who did bugger all. Now I am in one that tries in the events and I have been getting more rewards each time. The faction I am in has teams for people starting with Level 2 HQs. It

I ended up getting sick of Forged to Fight (Mknell and Fatbot now run the team I created) but I've stuck with this game longer than any other mobile one. Like Thurmus I've made one small purchase once. Besides that it'll all been hard graft. My base is now fully upgraded - even the walls - and I've got a full team of 4*'s who have had their abilities upgraded to level 7. The team I am on hovers around the high silver and low gold league.

Yeah it's good fun in moderation. I still play a bit most days

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Is the game this good, or worth the expense?
    According to the CEO of the company that produced the Transformers Earth Wars app game, a person has spent about US$150,000 on in-game purchases.... that's over AU$220,000.

Someone has way too much money to waste... and what do they have of saleable value to show for it, or even to be famous for?

It is also disturbing to have the game industry to talk so casually about the software that identifies these big spenders, to help the game companies target them with offers to keep them spending. (similar to the gambling games that identify problem gamblers and send them free credits to keep them hooked, to then spend their own money when the freebies run out)
    Let's hope that that person has that much money to waste. I think it's pretty disgusting they refer to their customers as whales as well. All I can say is when a game gets to that amount of money for someone, they have a problem. That interview you linked is also pretty disturbing on the way they view the players of the game...