Page 11 of 120 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162131 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Oh right! So it's a custom transformation. Cool... might try it later.

RTS Jazz has those cool speakers that fold forward from the doors. What I didn't realise is that they can detach from the doors and attach to his gun as well.

Only discovered this when I was looking at the instructions for GDO Wheelie (a reprint of the same mold). What was odd about that is that the instructions have Wheelie's head mold but Jazz's gun, even though Wheelie comes with a slingshot.

G1 Season 3 is set in the year 2010 in Japanese continuity... yet the Japanese dub of TFTM still says that it's set in 2005. This means that five years have passed between the events of TFTM and TF2010, and yet Daniel still looks the same!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...aJmd3qE#t=250s <---if you listen carefully you can hear the narrator say "Chikyuureki nisengo-nen" (地球暦二千五年) which means "Earth Year 2005" ... z O M G ! JP continuity Daniel must be like ... some sort of Gary Coleman!

Just realised that United Scourge's eyes are red as opposed to the blue eyes on the Generations mould

Also, whilst re-reading LSotW, I think I've found Animated Lugnut (well, or at least RTS Lugnut) in a cameo in one of the frames! 90% sure, as he's a pretty unique looking bot..
    Clue: Issue #1

Just noticed today -- BotShots Starscream and Acid Storm are F22 Raptors. Also, FoC Soundblaster (and thus probably Soundwave too) has woofers under his chest panel. Soundblaster's left fist also has the index finger out as if holding a trigger (talk about adding insult to injury). (-_-) Although I guess you could use it to pose him as if he were pressing his own eject button... looks awkward but. :/

It must have been months before I found this, but '07 Leader class Brawl has two buttons on his secondary turret that when pressed make the same noises as rotating the secondary turret (the machine gun and the rockets firing).

I found out the other day that with Energon Omega Supreme, you can transform the connecting point for the headmaster, by pulling it up to reveal eyes and make into a (small) head for the figure.

(I note Goktimus did mention it a while ago, but I missed that comment and hadn't never seen it until I did it myself)

I've also learnt something from Trent's photos in the FOC Disc 2-packs review thread

I had assumed that the new Soundwave/Blaster would eject the discs from the "tape deck style window", not that the whole chest would swing down. I also assumed the discs would shoot out like Depth Charge's power pizzas.

I wasn't keen on buying these toys, but this made up my mind that I wouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I found out the other day that with Energon Omega Supreme, you can transform the connecting point for the headmaster, by pulling it up to reveal eyes and make into a (small) head for the figure.

(I note Goktimus did mention it a while ago, but I missed that comment and hadn't never seen it until I did it myself)
    i love this gimmick so much
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    *snip*

It's kinda cool huh? - If I remember correctly, Eric Siebenaler incorporated it into the toy's design as a direct result of his own experiences as a kid with the original G1 Headmasters & loosing the heads - Rendering one with a headless toy, this was his answer to such a circumstance.