Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Forgetting what you actually have

The only time I have messed up so far is not remembering what I have ordered. I purchased MP Acidstorm from Robotkingdom but I had a pre-order in the list so I wasn't going to receive it for about 3 months. In the meantime I forgot I ordered it and ended up getting one off eBay.

It took a few weeks before I realised I had already ordered it. RK were pretty good about it and simply cancelled that part of my order and refunded the money. I have a spreadsheet now I use to track what I have ordered so this doesn't happen again

I've only bought one TF twice by mistake (and that was a 3" titanium so you can see why I didn't care)

With most of my collection in storage, it's hard to do a quick shelf check. I'm pretty good at knowing what I have, but backup proof is good.

When I recently culled my collection I took a photo of what remained in each series and that's a helpful guide, and I plan to migrate that info to my spredsheet (eventually).

Last night I also had to audit my TF comics to remember which UK issues I'm missing before bidding on some eBay auctions - but now I have a definitive list of which issues I need to get and which I'd like to replace that it's in the cloud so I can get it if I stumble upon more for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    What format do you use to record your collection? I've been trying but I can't find a suitable method. Anyone else?
    This thread might be worth a read

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Thanks Paulbot. Excellent.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I had to look at old FB photos today on my phone in the shop to remember if I had bought the little Thrilling 30 G1 Starscream figure or not (turns out I had )

this has happend to me before when i opened a box to discover toys i had i didnt know or forgot i had, so digging up some old stuff from my Collection Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    Has anyone ever been suprised when going through a box and go

"crap i didnt know i had those"

happened to me tonight while i was looking for something totally different obviously i forgot i evet got these......

UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    this has happend to me before when i opened a box to discover toys i had i didnt know or forgot i had, so digging up some old stuff from my Collection Thread
    That's pretty cool, I don't know how I'd ever forget I had something though. Pretty cool to find stuff like that though.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    That's pretty cool, I don't know how I'd ever forget I had something though. Pretty cool to find stuff like that though.
    i couldnt even tell you where i got them from i dont recall purchasing them from anywhere they were just in a box.. glad i have them but still puzzles me
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy