Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Takara legends ginrai ptototype images

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    plus he's G1 accurately cheaper looking (ever put PM Optimus Prime and G1 Ginrai side by side? ).
    Quote of the decade right there ladies and gentlemen.
    Ha h aha h, I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Quote of the decade right there ladies and gentlemen.
    Ha h aha h, I like it!
    And the same could be said for TakaraTOMY's Fortress Maximus -- Hasbro's actually has more happening in colours, but TakTOM's is G1 accurately duller.

And the same could be said for TakaraTOMY's Fortress Maximus -- Hasbro's actually has more happening in colours, but TakTOM's is G1 accurately duller.
    Not sure about that, if you take all the stickers off seen in promo shots on Hasbro's version, they seem much of a muchness to me.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Not sure about that, if you take all the stickers off seen in promo shots on Hasbro's version, they seem much of a muchness to me.
    I second your opinion, I was totally put off by Hasbro's version and it really was dull.

The TT version would have changed my thoughts of getting one if it was initially coloured. I has no issues missing out on it.

Oooohhhh... part of me is tempted to get both, because they are different characters. But the other part of me knows that I don't have the space to keep collecting variants of big toys.
    I think I may get both. Then I have a Ginari for my Generations display and the Optimus for my 'Optimus with trailer' alt mode display.

I have to remind myself of why they are different characters

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I am laughing so hard for those who bought the one with all the holes in arms.

Yes this is certainly a big improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I second your opinion, I was totally put off by Hasbro's version and it really was dull.

The TT version would have changed my thoughts of getting one if it was initially coloured. I has no issues missing out on it.
    So you are laughing at the expense of those that bought the Optimus but you don't think the Ginari version is good enough to buy anyway.

Thanks for commenting

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Ah, I didn't realise that they were stickers. Right.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post

So you are laughing at the expense of those that bought the Optimus but you don't think the Ginari version is good enough to buy anyway.

Thanks for commenting
    No...I think this Ginrai version is probably the better buy of the two. I didn't say this wasn't good enough, The Hasbro one to me wasn't good enough.

Some interesting discussion here, I've still never seen the animation featuring Ginrai.
    For my collection the Voyager prime of years ago is my Optimus Prime. I will most likely get the Takara release depending on colours (if it's saturated in Chrome I might be put off) and it will feature as my Powermaster prime.

I enjoyed the PM prime when I was a kid and I have a MISB reissue Ginrai sitting in the study that's going to be opened up directly, but to me it is just Powermaster OP with more features.

I'm sorry for those of you struggling to decide which to get, I totally understand space being a deciding factor not to get both.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

G1 Ginrai is hands down superior to PM Optimus Prime, but PM OP is the toy that I grew up with, so I have fond childhood memories of that toy. Plus I scored it free of my cousin who thought that we were "too old" for toys. (a ridiculous and alien concept, I know)

Here's one of the very first Transformers photo skits that I ever took back in 1999 (shortly after getting Big Convoy; unfortunately I've lost that STARS base ) and on film!

This page has comparative pics between PMOP and Ginrai.
    This video shows Ginrai combining with his trailer for the first time to become Super Ginrai (skip to 1:50 to get straight to the action)

I hope they repaint Alpha Bravo into God Bomber!