Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Titan Returns - Any Figures Standout to you?

Default Titan Returns - Any Figures Standout to you?

Hi there, are any one of you the original Titan Returns fans? Headmasters I think they were called. Any figures that you think stand out for quality or design?

What do anybody here think is a stand out figure, or their favorite? Could you please list why and pictures of the particular pose or feature? I would like to find out your opinion on which figure is cool.

Thanks!

FatalityPitt Guest

Character-wise, Chromedome is my favourite. The TR deluxe figure itself is pretty good, but there are others that are better in my opinion.

In terms of design and play-value, Wolfwire (formerlly known as Weirdwolf) is the best.

I've handled someone's copy of the toy before, but my own is still MOC and in storage, so I don't have pictures myself; but here's Seibertron's Gallery: https://www.seibertron.com/transform...lfwire/4174/1/

I think it's the best because:
    - It turns into a wolf, and we don't see many Transformers with beast modes, let alone one that becomes a wolf.
    - If you followed the Headmasters Anime like I did when I was young, similar to Chromedome; Weirdwolf has an iconic look about him that's unmistakable, and it was translated quite well in the TR deluxe figure.
    - The wolf mode is well-articulated and detailed, and you can do some pretty cool and dramatic poses with it.
    - Hardly any reported QC issues, unlike Skullcruncher.

That's my 2 cents. If you can still find Wolfwire on shelves, go for it; otherwise Triggerhappy (who should still be abundant on shelves) is also pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    Character-wise, Chromedome is my favourite. The TR deluxe figure itself is pretty good, but there are others that are better in my opinion.

In terms of design and play-value, Wolfwire (formerlly known as Weirdwolf) is the best.

I've handled someone's copy of the toy before, but my own is still MOC and in storage, so I don't have pictures myself; but here's Seibertron's Gallery: https://www.seibertron.com/transform...lfwire/4174/1/

I think it's the best because:
    - It turns into a wolf, and we don't see many Transformers with beast modes, let alone one that becomes a wolf.
    - If you followed the Headmasters Anime like I did when I was young, similar to Chromedome; Weirdwolf has an iconic look about him that's unmistakable, and it was translated quite well in the TR deluxe figure.
    - The wolf mode is well-articulated and detailed, and you can do some pretty cool and dramatic poses with it.
    - Hardly any reported QC issues, unlike Skullcruncher.

That's my 2 cents. If you can still find Wolfwire on shelves, go for it; otherwise Triggerhappy (who should still be abundant on shelves) is also pretty good.
    Wow, thanks for the detailed response! That is really interesting. The look is very iconic, the colours for him are very unique.

I have my G1 chromedome without the head, do you know if there is any reissue of the G1 headmaster heads?

What do you think about the ape face? I know he does not have a robot mode, which is a shame.

Does weirdwolf have really good joints? I am asking because he looks really good, and I am not a fan of the cheapish ball joints. But he looks really well designed with non ball joints, could be wrong. Does the construction and plastic feel good? (only if you remembered)

also what is wrong with skull cruncher?

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by VodooCaMo View Post
    Wow, thanks for the detailed response! That is really interesting. The look is very iconic, the colours for him are very unique.

I have my G1 chromedome without the head, do you know if there is any reissue of the G1 headmaster heads?
    No problem, I love talking about Transformers.

As for the re-issuing of G1 Headmaster heads; Man I wish! Even if they re-issued just the heads without the bodies, that would be good enough for me. Years ago, I bought a replica (fake but cheap and decent) Stylor and Spike off eBay, but the seller doesn't seem to be active anymore. Right now, the only option I can see is to get an original off the secondary market (i.e. eBay or forums like this).

What do you think about the ape face? I know he does not have a robot mode, which is a shame.
    The Apeface Titan Master is arguably the 2nd best Titan Master in his price range, after Sawback who's the best in my opinion. Apeface is decent enough, but 2 issues:
    - Firstly, like most wave 2 TMs, there is a severe lack of paint apps that don't do the sculpted detail justice. Also, I think the little TM figure should have a grey body and a purple head, but that's just me.
    - Secondly, he has no body of his own as you mentioned.
    So while it's a good enough representation of the character, it doesn't do him much justice.

Does weirdwolf have really good joints? I am asking because he looks really good, and I am not a fan of the cheapish ball joints. But he looks really well designed with non ball joints, could be wrong. Does the construction and plastic feel good? (only if you remembered)

also what is wrong with skull cruncher?
    To me, Wolfwire seemed pretty solid. It didn't seem fragile overall, but one point of concern were some of the thin tabs that lock his cockpit/torso in place in robot mode. If mishandled or forced, I can see those tabs snapping.

My copy of Skullcruncher wasn't too bad, but that mold developed a reputation for having really loose and wobbly hip joints.

Here are the reviews within this site:
    Wolfwire: http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=23561
    Skullsmasher: http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=23274

I looked up sawback, and this search came up:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChmRd1rti0A

I did not realize sentinel prime was not the Sawback robot, I thought the whole combo was sawback, which made me go - WOW I GOT TO HAVE THAT!

then when sawback was removed and I was like... wait...

lol! That would have been a really good robot at the beginning, with the lion shield, and maybe a robot lion mode? for the Sentinel Figure?

Trev I don't want to piss in your chips so to speak, but Wolfwire has a fairly serious almost universal QC issue with the hinges for the cockpit fracturing eventually. Otherwise, as you've said it's a fantastic figure.

As for the rest of the line:

Trigger Happy is amazing, one of the best deluxes in ages.

In the next tier down you've got Megatron, Blurr and Brainstorm. All fantastic figures.

Decent, solid if unspectacular - Skullsmasher, Hot Rod, Mindwipe, Hardhead. These are all just about worth the price of admission.

I personally wouldn't bother with Highbrow or Chromedome if I could do it all again.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Hi there, are any one of you the original Titan Returns fans? Headmasters I think they were called.
    War Machine: "Jesus, Tony, how old is this guy?"
    Iron Man: "I don't know, I didn't carbon date him. He's on the young side!"

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    War Machine: "Jesus, Tony, how old is this guy?"
    Iron Man: "I don't know, I didn't carbon date him. He's on the young side!"
    15-20 years from now (assuming the world hasn't ended), someone will ask "Anyone seen that really old show, Transformers Armada?"