Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reissue Hasbro MP Optimus as MP-10

Default Reissue Hasbro MP Optimus as MP-10

Another leaked toy image has come out of China this weekend... this time the Masterpiece Optimus toy that was MP-10 in Japan, and released by Hasbro before they started their own Masterpiece numbering system.
    As such, giving this one the number 10 is either a reference to the Japanese number, or there is one more coming out this year that has the number 9 designated to it.
    Or, they are just using the number because Hasbro Asia already used it for their exclusive Shattered Glass Optimus toy last year.

This wasn't a surprise either, as it was revealed during the New York Toyfair, but since it wasn't mentioned in the associated Press Releases, most fansites ignored the images, probably assuming it was a mistaken addition from a previous toy. It was however noted on Seibertron that it was likely to be a ToysRUs exclusive in America, as previous Hasbro MP toys have been.

It has been noticed that the allegiance is "Cybertron" instead of "Autobot"... which is an odd thing for Hasbro to have on the box of an Optimus toy.

This toy is still massively shelfwarming in Japan . . . . .

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

But this is the hasbro version which quite a lot of people want it.

This is the box version that tru collectors will want.

I for one want this badly, I've just got my YOTH version at the moment. Been ages since i actually got an MP though

Quote Originally Posted by CaminusPrime View Post
    I for one want this badly,
    If you really want it badly then you don't need to wait for this Hasbro version. I was in Japan just 2 months ago and MP10 was everywhere, and some stores are slashing as much as $60 off the original retail price! (obviously desperate to move dead stock) - so check out Japanese e-stores or if you have any contacts in Japan you might like to ask them to help you out.

http://www.yodobashi.com/product/100000001001397116/
    https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%BF%E.../dp/B0052WTIG8

↑Roughly $230, which is still not as cheap as Hasbro's MP10 which sold here for $150. But that doesn't mean that the this MP10 reissue will sell at the price, cos remember that Hasbro's MP3 Starscream sold for $99 but then their MP11 sold for $130 or something like that. I guess it depends on how urgently you want the toy... if you want it badly then it's easy to find right now. If not then maybe you can wait and see what the local RRP will be like. MP10 in Japan doesn't look to be selling out any time soon, so there's a fair chance that there'd still be stock around even when Hasbro's version comes out (not making any guarantees of course, just speculating).

So is this the TT or Hasbro colour version?

More curious than interested as I've already got both versions and sure as hell don't need a third version Excluding MP4 as well!

Another MP Variant to add to the list.
    The pain, the pain.

(×_×)

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    So is this the TT or Hasbro colour version?

More curious than interested as I've already got both versions and sure as hell don't need a third version Excluding MP4 as well!
    Hasbro

I would have thought mp thundercracker or skywarp would come out by now
    Last edited by drifand; 4th June 2017 at 11:08 AM.

My mate just posted in his FB he got MP10 in Japan for 10,000 yen (approx 120 aud) but cant but a spare one for me as he have no more room in his luggage

Anyway wonder how much TRU will price this one.

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    My mate just posted in his FB he got MP10 in Japan for 10,000 yen (approx 120 aud) but cant but a spare one for me as he have no more room in his luggage

Anyway wonder how much TRU will price this one.
    Could have ask him to send to my tenso address and can have it directed to you at minimum cost.

Imo I like the tt blue better. I countered my displeasure by having the tt eyes changed and it looks heaps better overall.

If this piece goes on clearance I grab one to repaint him totally.