Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SDCC Preview Breakfast - first look at Power of the Primes toys

Jazz and Starscream remind me of the Pretender versions. I guess that's the new seeker mould for the next 10 years and 30+ redecos.

I like that they have managed to find a way of homaging Pretenders without it being overbearing or a big hollow shell for a larger toy. The drawback is that this 3rd chapter doesn't have its own unique primary gimmick like the first two chapters had.

Only 12 of the smallest size planned... that's only 3, maybe 4 waves for PotP. First wave probably out in the week before Christmas and the others out before the Bumblebee movie in June.

Rodimus, Jazz and Starscream aren't doing it for me, which is a shame because I've been keen for a Voyager Starscream/Leader (or whatever really) Rodimus (tbh a good Voyager Rodimus would've been nice). Beachcomber and Darkwind/Dreadwing are nice tho.

Also realised that we're about done with a lot of 1984/1985/1986 bots/cons, with some noticable exceptions, and well... maybe that's almost it for me, for CHUG? idk.

Starscreams arms are designed to store the head things in them. That's why they are so chunky.

I think Griffin is right, they are a homage to the pretender versions. I also think Starscream is a combiner core given the huge shoulders and feet.

The back of the trypticon cereal box is interesting. Long list of titan master names, quite a few of which were previously unknown.

I like that Jazz a lot more thinking of him that way.

Starscream is very likely a combiner body (and all the deluxes have combiner ports)

Turbomasters would be nice, and it wouldn't be too hard to turn those new Powermaster jets into Predators. But in the short term I'm happy to get those jets!

My first thought about the Pretender shells wasn't great, but then I saw little Skullgrin and I can't resist him. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the shells.

I also think it's kind of funny that the line promises all of the legendary Primes, but gives them to us as headmaster heads, rather than creating 11 unqiue Leader class (and one Minicon) toys to represent them. It's a good way of doing it and it lets the rest of the line continue being a "Classics" line.

Was hoping to see Grimlock though I get showcasing Rodimus would be more relevant when revealing PotPs. He does look pretty sweet, well proportioned with nice colours.

Takara will have to do something amazing to make me buy this new Seeker mould and Jazz mould. The Hasbro versions do nothing for me and from what they have shown I'll be sticking with my Henkei Seekers and United Jazz.

I kinda dig what I see here for the most part in power of the Primes line with the exception of Starscream's Popeye arms - That seems so unnecessary and bad design.

I will need to see more but if it's overall decent, it might bring me back to collecting main line toys.

If it weren't for Hascon in 2 months, I think a lot more would have been revealed, to have a more comprehensive look at a new concept and more chances of fans finding something they really like.
    As such, I feel a little disappointed at the limited reveal. That isn't the full set of wave 1 PotP, and RID had like 2 reveals... and nothing new under the movie banner.
    I think I was most excited/impressed about the exclusive Trypticon poster.

Not real impressed with any of this. There have been better molds for most of these toys so an easy pass for me. Hopefully griffin is right and they're just holding back for Hascon.