Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spotlight: Wheelie!

Furman wrote most of Wheelie's appearance in the G1 comics, and while he wasn't as annoying as his cartoon counterpart, I wouldn't say he was exactly "cool" either. :/

I think Wheelie's odd speaking pattern was supposed to be a TF version of "Me Tarzan You Jane"... but the rhymes made it too cutesy.

As I've posted many a time, I'm all for a Savage Wheelie, and after watching Headmasters Series 3 Wheelie is not so bad either.

Ya know... if I ever got a spare Wheelie toy, I'd repaint it in those colours and call it something like "Wild Boy of Quintessa Wheelie."

Maybe Wheelie will die like Ramjet did in his lame Spotlight. I thought Grimlock and Mirage are next after Arcee anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Maybe Wheelie will die like Ramjet did in his lame Spotlight. I thought Grimlock and Mirage are next after Arcee anyways.
    You're right they are. Wheelie's the next one I think as there's nothing slated for April 2006.

In my opinion they've screwed up scheduling a bit. In April 2008 there's nothing except the TFM Sequel comic yet in March they've double solicited Grimlock and Mirage. They would've benefited from splitting the two into separate months.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zed
    Maybe Wheelie will die like Ramjet did in his lame Spotlight.
    *high five*

I think they purposely doubled up on Spotlights in March. I think some trades will be out in April (not sure though).

Personally I am happy with Wheelie getting the Spotlight treatment, he was a character that was stuffed up by the cartoon from his Tech Specs, and deserves a fresh start.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Plot twist: Wheelie unleashes the power of the Matrix... "Arise, Wheelimus Prime!"

it's one of those interesting pics, they know the hatred and want to challenge it. So they want their devoted readers to check it out, but also in my mind, if it works (and I feel that they wouldn't do it without thinking it can) then they want the rest of us to feel like we've missed out. Imagine missing a comic that truly could change the perception of one character in one issue.
    If that happens - wow!
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett