Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: eBay 20% off toys 9th-11th November 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Phew - got my third and final lot in and paid for at 11:53PM.
    Ebay noted AEST instead of daylight saving time... so I'm thinking you might have had another hour. Not that you'd want to risk it.

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    Paying 2 lots of postage+item prices (with the discount) instead of 1 will be more expensive than just paying the full (non discounted) amount of the final auction price. In all honesty, combined shipping shouldn't be any extra than just one of the items due to small size and weight, but I can't pay until I get a combined invoice :/

If I had of known this would happen, I wouldn't have bid as much as I did.
    I figured a whole day would be enough time to get it sorted.
    If they have postage amounts listed for each item, perhaps pay for both separately just to get some discount out of it... and if they are an honourable seller, they will refund the excess postage later. And if they don't ask them for it if it is an excessive difference.
    If they do refund the difference, you'll end up getting the full 20% discount, plus combined shipping.
    If the timing really is EAST and not DST, you still have 25 minutes left.

Hmmm... looks like it might have been DST, as the promotion isn't advertised anymore (unless there was no point in advertising it with less than an hour left).

Moot now, as it's midnight here too now.

Quote Originally Posted by k.wong23 View Post
    Mate just request to retract your bid and let them know. You don't have to pay for the items as long as you communicate with the seller. They can cancel the transaction, offer to next highest bidder or relist etc.
    I thought about it, but a commitment is a commitment (my father was a real stickler for that when I was growing up. haha) And, in the grand scheme of things, its not so bad I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin
    If they have postage amounts listed for each item, perhaps pay for both separately just to get some discount out of it... and if they are an honourable seller, they will refund the excess postage later. And if they don't ask them for it if it is an excessive difference.
    If they do refund the difference, you'll end up getting the full 20% discount, plus combined shipping.
    I don't like doing that sort of thing without consulting and organising with the seller first. If I do it without talking to them first, I'm worried they wouldn't refund me the extra postage because we didn't come to an agreement beforehand.

Anyway, it's all paid for now. I missed the discount - which sucks - but there are a lot of worse things that can happen I guess. I'll just chalk it up to a lesson learned for next time

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The dealer is called "Happytradehouse", which I've probably not noticed before, because they mostly sell 3rd party stuff. But if you search for Transformers or even Masterpiece, you'll get their AU$ items from that link.
    Gold Megatron was AU$212, and Bumblebee was AU$87, both with free shipping so that the 20% discount is effectively on shipping as well (I made sure I looked for free shipping items, to get the most back on the 20% offer). So if you get the discount before the end of today (make sure you select items of the same currency), Gold Megatron should be AU$170, while Bumblebee should be AU$70 (total price shipped).
    I'm keen to know from members if this Seller is reliable based on recent purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    I'm keen to know from members if this Seller is reliable based on recent purchase.
    Yes. I've bought from him before and he responds fairly quickly to messages should there be problems.

Mine is apparently on its way as of a week ago, so still not here yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ChlorHex View Post
    Yes. I've bought from him before and he responds fairly quickly to messages should there be problems.
    Mine hasn't shipped, and he isn't answering emails

Buyer protection case perhaps?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post

Sooner better than too late.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post

My experience was with pre-ordered stuff and it was past the Paypal and eBay protection/feedback periods when the items were released... He did reply to my messages fairly quickly.
    I'd say be patient and the parcels will get here...