Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Updates for RID, Generations & YOTG

Quote Originally Posted by rodent View Post
    Any word on whether the Asia MP-10 re-release will be making it down under?
    Nada.

How much advance notice do we get for when a show is going to be on a Foxtel channel? I just got Foxtel on today and I'll subscribe to Cartoon Network when RID starts but don't want to be subscribed if theres nothing else on it I want to see in the interim.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Do they have a contact page or email for future programming? I used to hound Channel 10 by phone all the time during the Beast Wars-Armada era, for future programming. Then everything started going to Foxtel first, making it unreliable or unlikely for the cartoons to show up on free TV... and often with bits cut out when it was on Cheez TV.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Do they have a contact page or email for future programming? I used to hound Channel 10 by phone all the time during the Beast Wars-Armada era, for future programming. Then everything started going to Foxtel first, making it unreliable or unlikely for the cartoons to show up on free TV... and often with bits cut out when it was on Cheez TV.
    Wow that sucks that they would cut out stuff. In the past I've always pirated Transformers shows but always felt bad about it as I don't like piracy so now that I have a legit way to watch Transformers I'm going to use it for RID. I believe Foxtel themselves don't handle upcoming programming as many of the channels are not owned by Foxtel. I have no idea what Cartoon Network is like to contact but I'll give them a go. I'm just assuming that RID will show up there since thats the US channel it's playing on. We also have Discovery Kids or The Hub as the Americans call it so I guess it might turn up there if Cartoon Network doesn't run it.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    So, fans here will be downloading the show in January because as always, we're two months behind the US. It's like they deliberately set themselves up to fail in our market
    I was pretty impressed when the producers of Prime said they didn't have a problem with people downloading the show who couldn't otherwise see it. Pretty understanding of them. Of course that bit them in the arse a year or two later when they made the 'Predacons Rising' DVD and it got uploaded to pirate sites before it became available in most shops.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Theres still a great reason to import. You actually are guaranteed to get the figure by preordering from an international source. Distribution is so crap here I don't take the risk and always import. I want to buy local but since most toys never actually show up how can I?
    Especially here in the bush - preachin' to the choir buddy

I remember reading somewhere that Cartoon Network had global rights to RID, so maybe see if there's any contact info on their Aus page?

I was going to wait till I knew what TT is doing with all CW moulds before picking up any of them but when I saw all 4 CW Legends class figures at Toyworld Rockhampton for $15 I grabbed all 4 of them. So Hasbro got a $60 impulse buy out of me because Hasbro actually bothered to bring a collector grade toy with no cartoon or movie into the country.

I was going to wait till I knew what TT is doing with all CW moulds before picking up any of them but when I saw all 4 CW Legends class figures at Toyworld Rockhampton for $15 I grabbed all 4 of them. So Hasbro got a $60 impulse buy out of me because Hasbro actually bothered to bring a collector grade toy with no cartoon or movie into the country.
    They're in Rocky??? ^%#@^ Rocky Toyworld never gets anything in first, it's the worst place in the universe to buy toys!

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    They're in Rocky??? ^%#@^ Rocky Toyworld never gets anything in first, it's the worst place in the universe to buy toys!
    When someone in the sightings thread says a chain store has something out in one store you can bet the rest of the chain will get it normally within a week or two. (unless you have a failing store like Toyworld Gladstone). So since the Legends had been spotted at Toyworld's up and down the coast I just figured I'd goto Toyworld Rocky since I was in town and check them out in person, didn't think I'd like them enough to walk out with them.

Theres still a great reason to import. You actually are guaranteed to get the figure by preordering from an international source. Distribution is so crap here I don't take the risk and always import. I want to buy local but since most toys never actually show up how can I?
    I agree. The hunt used to be exciting but I missed out on so many figures simply because distribution in Australia is so hit and miss.