Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TF4 Music Score could be coming

Default TF4 Music Score could be coming

The composer of the TF4 soundtrack (Steve Jabblonsky) has announced that they will be trying to get a Score out (he says the word "Soundtrack" but that a Soundtrack is usually just the songs, and he would be referring to the music he composed).

Since we didn't get a CD release of the TF3 Score (it was available online though), I'm not holding any hopes for this one coming out either as a CD.
    (we haven't even heard of a Soundtrack CD coming out this time either)

One of the tracks really sounded like a track Hans Zimmer used in Man of Steel, it was around the scene when Optimus Prime just breaks out of the barn (as seen in the trailers) - if it was a Steve Jablonsky original piece then damn. Wasn't a big fan of the 'oooooooooooo'ing male vocals thoughout the movie as the score seems to base itself around Imagine Dragon's 'Battle Cry'

The DOTM OST was out on the Friday of the week of DOTM's theatrical release. If I had to guess I'd say the AOE OST will be out Friday.

Also the DOTM OST was pulled from sale after a year of so. So buy it the AOE OST before it shares the same fate.

Ahhh, I really need that score right now. It was sooooo amazing! Even ended up humming some of the Battle Cry moments when it played after listening to it so many times.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    One of the tracks really sounded like a track Hans Zimmer used in Man of Steel, it was around the scene when Optimus Prime just breaks out of the barn (as seen in the trailers) - if it was a Steve Jablonsky original piece then damn. Wasn't a big fan of the 'oooooooooooo'ing male vocals thoughout the movie as the score seems to base itself around Imagine Dragon's 'Battle Cry'
    Maybe this will answer why. The relevant part is about half way throughout the video.

For those that can't be bothered to watch the video for the answer. We see that Hans Zimmer actually worked on this OST also. I don't remember seeing him in the credits, but the evidence is there. Has Zimmer worked on this movie.

For those that don't know Steve Jablonsky was a student of Hans Zimmer along with some other young Hollywood composers.

It sounds like the release of the Score is going ahead, as they appear to be working on its released format... but no word on if it will just be an online/digital release, or a CD release.

And now the Soundtrack contents have been revealed, but again, no word on if there will be a CD release or just a digital release.

Neither Score or Soundtrack have any dates mentioned.

It's on iTunes and it's a whole 4 songs. WTF to that.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    It's a teaser.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Bought!

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeSoundwave View Post
    It's a teaser.
    Yeah I see that on the TF news sites now. Too bad if your like me and just came across it on iTunes and wanted to buy it not know there will be another version released later.

Normally an artist/band would put the entire album up on iTunes as a preorder and just make a couple of tracks available right away. The new Linkin Park album made 1 track available right away and then put out 5 more over the weeks leading up to the final release.

The way they seem to be handling this might result in people having to buy the songs twice. Sometimes iTunes is smart enough to know you already own the exact same track on another album, but sometimes it's not.