Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: child friendly transformers (cant believe i wrote that title...)

Default child friendly transformers (cant believe i wrote that title...)

Hey guys,

been collecting the MP range for a short while now (and love them). Unfortunately my 2 year old also thinks they are awesome which is causing some breath holding moments for me.

Its only a matter of time until I have to accept the figure he has taken from the display shelf is going to get an "uh oh". As such, I was kind of hoping to find a more child friendly range of transformers which I could use as decoy's.... Im pretty much a G1 only fan. I have seen the reveal the shield line and they look ok.... but that's only on the net.. not seen one in real life.

If anyone could recommend a decent and non expensive (and preferably durable) transformers line i would be very appreciative.

Rescue bots. Maybe the AoE 1 step changers or buy some cheap loose tfs at a collector's fair event. Don't buy ko's only because of inferior plastic that may break from rough play and may cause injury.

+1 Rescue Bots. My son has been collecting them for the last year or two.

Reveal the Shield is essentially an extention of the Generations, Universe and Classics lines.

As others have said, Rescue Bots seems very good for very young children. As they get older, you could probably move them to one-step changers and eventually regular figures (like Generations). I easily transformed regular deluxe toys (Cybertron line, specifically) when I was about 4-6 years old.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    I easily transformed regular deluxe toys (Cybertron line, specifically) when I was about 4-6 years old.
    Geeze, I was almost 30 then

I would also recommend Rescue Bots. The TV show is also really good for infants too, as it's pretty well written for that age group, and manages to provide action and adventure without violence. However, as your son gets older, you may want to also consider some of the previous preschool TF lines like Go-Go-Go-Bots and Tonka's 1-2-3 Transformers (which are like the MPs of infants' TFs ).

But in my personal experience, nothing beats just role modelling playing with Transformers with your child. My daughter's spent her whole life watching me play with my Transformers with care and respect, and she does the same thing now. Initially I just let her play with more kiddy TFs like the preschool TFs, Happy Meal TFs, Bot Shots etc., but since she's started Kindy, I've let her progress onto actually playing with vintage G1s and even MPs. Never had a problem with her being too rough with any of my toys (I have more of a problem with her losing toys ).

RescueBots, TF Hero Mashers, TF Mr Potato Heads and if you can find them Softimus Prime & Slumblebee

Transformers... for children? I'm not sure I understand the question.

A lot of amusing posts here. Thanks guys. Rescue bots seem to be the answer. For the life of me i can't get him to pick them over the mp's though! 99% of the time he is really good. . But his attention is easily shifted and heaven help what is in his hand at that moment.

My 2 year old daughter loves the smaller legend line (bb, starscream and OP), she can even transform bb.
    So now when I buy a figure for myself she usually gets one as well. She liked the bot shots as well.