Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazon JAPAN items (shipping to Australia)

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I received my Computron this week (and mistakenly ordered a second one from HLJ). The price for Amazon.jp was substantially lower (computron had been discounted) but the packaging was pretty poor. Guess they're using the same cost-cutting methods as their US brethren.
    Amazon has a world wide box smash guarantee, it's in the small print.

I was just looking up the MP-36 Megatron release date on Amazon (April 1st) and noticed that it ships to Australia... Works out to about $200 + shipping (which is usually very fast and cheap).
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Megatran Guest

April 1st. Hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    April 1st. Hmmm....
    So I guess this whole release is one big April fools joke? Knew v2 Megatron was too good to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    I was just looking up the MP-36 Megatron release date on Amazon (April 1st) and noticed that it ships to Australia... Works out to about $200 + shipping (which is usually very fast and cheap).
    You do know he's a gun right? Customs stole/confiscated the previous Megatron, and unless you had a replica weapons permit license would not return it. Even WITH that permit they didn't release it until the day BEFORE they had to front to a magistrate.

It's much safer buying it online from an Australian retailer like PC who ARE in Queensland and can import it hassle free
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    You do know he's a gun right? Customs stole/confiscated the previous Megatron, and unless you had a replica weapons permit license would not return it. Even WITH that permit they didn't release it until the day BEFORE they had to front to a magistrate.

It's much safer buying it online from an Australian retailer like PC who ARE in Queensland and can import it hassle free
    Yep, lived through it, and I do have a replica license.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Even though Amazon Japan stopped selling to Australian addresses after the GST changes a couple years ago (and still don't sell to us, despite Amazon America altering their systems to sell us again), I've just noticed that the Amazon Japan site won't show items that they themselves can't ship to your country (based on your IP location if you aren't logged in). So I had to enter in a Japanese postal address (100-0400 Tokyo) to let me do a search, just to see what future items are listed, so that I can do up one of the toy listings.

Not sure if this is the right place but found some masterpiece toys on amazon australia sold by amazon japan so they should be official and everything and since delivery is free, i believe this is the cheapest price anywhere? to us.

https://www.amazon.com.au/%E3%82%BF%...9ZPB4TXP&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com.au/Transforme...B3DDB3WM&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com.au/Transforme...B5SRZP2M&psc=1

Thats the listing we ordered Yukikaze from, was happy with what we received

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee2000 View Post
    Thats the listing we ordered Yukikaze from, was happy with what we received
    After seeing actual fulfilment of Amazon JP via AU, I went to the Amazon.co.jp site to see if we can again buy from the JP site. I was able to go through checkout using my Perth address but chose not to add any payment method. So it looks like we can buy directly from Amazon JP again. Has anyone actually received anything recently from Amazon JP?