Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers: Revolution #1 Zing Pop Culture Exclusive

Default Transformers: Revolution #1 Zing Pop Culture Exclusive

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about the Zing Pop Culture Exclusive cover to Transformers Revolution #1. I've been checking their web site regularly since the book came out, but have never seen it available. I have tried contacting them through their site, but they apparently don't bother to respond to questions. None have popped up on eBay. I was able to confirm with IDW that it was produced and sent to them. If anyone has any info or could even help me get a copy, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Lewis

Default Zing Thing

Oh!...I'm not alone? Neither are you buddy. But we might be the only two. ;-) I signed up here just to commiserate with you, Lewis, about wanting a Transformers: Revolution Zing Variant & not being able to find one.

Something I can add is that the Zing website did respond to my inquiry, saying they didn't know about that particular comic book but they don't ship internationally so wouldn't sell me one even if they did (I'm in West Virginia, by the way). I've still checked their online inventory at least once a week, and also ebay searches & a google search that alerted me to this post.

I even messaged a few ebay.au sellers that had Transformers or Revolution comics listed (so they'd know what I was going on about), and they graciously went to a physical Zing store only to be told the same "know nothing about it."

Finally, I think some past Zing variants have been sold by Gamestop in the USA, so I've visited two different ones, both of which no longer carry comics & suggested I join their club or something to maybe find more information. But I feel like if this comic had ever actually been released, we would have seen it on ebay by now. I will continue to monitor it until it shows up, someday.

Perhaps the only thing I hadn't gotten around to yet was asking IDW directly, so I'm glad(?) to know you had already, also to no avail.

It's kind of a bummer that, since ROM's revival brought me back to subscribing to new comics last year after a long hiatus away, I've been able to acquire every possible variant of the titles I wanted to collect...every ROM, Micronauts, and Revolution...except that darn Zing thing. And then, a few days ago, I see an online preview of Revolutionaries #1, specifically the covers gallery page that shows all the variants & usually the first place I find out about what Retailer Exclusive covers they've deigned to provide us completist hunters, and what do I see but the only RE being a ZING. "Seriously?!"

---A ROM Curator, Gary Martin, Jr.

Well, at least it's not just me. :-) Will post it here if I find any info. (I'm not holding my breath.) I did just e-mail a letter to IDW about this. It's lousy of them to keep giving store exclusives to a place that doesn't make them available.

Thanks,

Lewis

When and where was it officially (originally) released?

Turns out there was another Zing exclusive cover (Revolution: Transformers) in addition to Revolutionaries #1.

Wasn't aware the shop sold comics at all. The issue only came out last Weds/Thursday so maybe the stores take a bit longer to get them than comic stores?

griffin: Transformers Revolution #1 came out October 26th. It's not unusual for the store exclusives to take a few weeks longer to be released, but it has been an awful long time.

Paulbot: Which one do they have now? Transformers: Revolution #1 or Revolutionaries #1? Either way, any chance you could help me get one?

Thanks,

Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Wasn't aware the shop sold comics at all.
    Ditto. This is news to me.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Ditto. This is news to me.
    Apparently it is news to Zing as well.

Lewis

Possibly stupid question, but are we sure this does apply to Australian ZING stores? Looks like both the initial posters are US based. Maybe it's a region thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
    Possibly stupid question, but are we sure this does apply to Australian ZING stores? Looks like both the initial posters are US based. Maybe it's a region thing.
    The cover gallery in both comics list the exclusive as Zing Pop Culture, and the more recent Revolutionaris #1 even has the Zing logo on the cover. I confirmed they did get the exclusive with IDW.

Thanks,

Lewis