View Poll Results: Where do you keep your Transformers toys?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Display in dedicated Transformers room

4 10.53%
  • Display in dedicated collectables/toy room

9 23.68%
  • Display in home office

8 21.05%
  • Display in bedroom(s)

7 18.42%
  • Display at workplace

1 2.63%
  • Display in garage/shed

3 7.89%
  • In storage

11 28.95%
  • Other

8 21.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where do you keep your Transformers?

I selected toyroom/ collectables but the room is gaming with "collectables" or rather all the toys I fancy. voted then read the desc.

Most in boxes in the garage until I can get somewhere to display them. Have 4 deluxes, 14 legends and an oversize KO on my desk at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    Most in boxes in the garage until I can get somewhere to display them. Have 4 deluxes, 14 legends and an oversize KO on my desk at work.
    Do you not have the space to display them? How many do you already have displayed?

Much to my wifes dismay my collection is in our bedroom it was more a choice of keeping the sun off it more than anything else. I have a fantastic furniture display cabinet because of it's high weight limit per shelf those ft dibots are quite hefty when all put together.

FatalityPitt Guest

Most of my Transformers/ActionFigures are in storage boxes under my bed. But most of the time, there's usually about half a dozen displayed near my home computer desk, which I often pick up to play with while waiting or watching movies.

Since the little one came along, I had to give up my "studio," so now I've got one tall retail display case my work was throwing out and one of the wider Fantastic Furniture cases between the TV and my computer setup. There is no free space on that wall from the kitchen to be back door.

On my desk are the more recent figures I haven't had a chance to find space for in my displays, have to retire some old figures or move to other shelves to fit in the TR guys

In hindsight I really should've put an option for lounge room (i.e. the room also has a sofa, TV etc.). I had my TFs displayed in a lounge room once. Would I be correct in assuming that the people voting "Other" are those who are displaying in lounge rooms? If not, please specify.

Such a shame to see so many TF's in storage
    Some say it's bad enough to be trapped in a plastic bubble or sealed in a box and on display, but being in storage is waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy worse.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Such a shame to see so many TF's in storage
    Some say it's bad enough to be trapped in a plastic bubble or sealed in a box and on display, but being in storage is waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy worse.
    This might be a bit of a weak justification, but it's for their protection. Someday, I'd like to pass my collection on to my kids in the best possible condition. If they don't inherit my interest in transforming robots, then at least they can sell them.

Comparatively speaking, when you factor in the amount of time and money spent on toys, they're actually a really poor form of investment. If you want to invest in your children's interest then you'd be better off investing your money on other things like:
    * Depositing all that money into a bank account and let it build interest
    * Stock market shares
    * Real estate

Also, selling toys sucks! Massive waste of time! More conventional forms of investment not only tend to make a lot more earnings for you, but you can claim those earnings pretty much straight away. Want to access money from a bank account? Make a withdrawal! Stock market shares or real estate? Sell 'em!