Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 Things I Hate About You

Series: Animated

Overall: Liked it

3 things I didn't like:
    *Prominent characters with no toys: I'd kill for an Animated Omega Supreme & Constructicons!
    *The Headmaster: most annoying villain ever. In fact most of the human villains were irritating
    *Bulkheads character change: Goes from bumbling lummox to space bridge expert despite it never being even hinted at before that he has those skills - lazy

Series: Unicron Wars

Overall: Disliked it

3 things I did like:
    *Awesome toys which were plentiful, had decent transformations and were a good size.
    *Comics: I thought DW did a good job with Armada and Energon
    *Primus transforming: You get to see Cybertron as a robot - truly the ying to Unicrons yang

Series: Movieverse

Overall: Like it

3 things I don't like:
    *Character names used at random with their personalities and physical characteristics having bugger all to do with their namesakes (Hot Rod in the new movie looks like he will encapsulate this)
    *So much of the movies focusing on the humans - waaaay too much human focus!
    *Pretty much everything all the other fanboys have said over the past decade (the difference being I only felt the need to say it once )

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    I love the Generation 1 Cartoon
    I hate the continuity errors, lazy artwork (at times) and no good English dub of the JP only series'.
    ^This
    Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 17th May 2017 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    *Prominent characters with no toys: I'd kill for an Animated Omega Supreme & Constructicons!
    ↑This so much! Especially Omega Supreme who was just an awesome character.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    *The Headmaster: most annoying villain ever. In fact most of the human villains were irritating
    I see your Headmaster and raise you a Professor Princess.
    Most of the human villains were stupid. The only ones who were okay were Nanosec and Meltdown. It'd be cool if the current RiD series could introduce a Not-Circuit Breaker character. A memorable human villain from G1 - just give her the same powers but with a different look and name. Marvel can't claim trademark on a power (hence why Quicksilver and the Flash can both have super-speed). Circuit Buster? Electro Buster? <shrugs>

• Series: Masterpiece

• My Overall Consensus: Like it

• 3 Things I Dislike About It:
      1. Ex-pen-seeve.
      2. All the Jets are based on the flawed Kawamori MP3 mould. While the MP11 retool improved its robot mode, it's still essentially more of an overglorified transformable display piece rather than a fun-to-play action figure.
      3. The Coneheads are massively overpriced limited exclusives. They really should be regular store release figures at half their RRP. TakTOM released Road Rage and Delta Magnus as regular store releases - which are still shelfwarming, but not the Coneheads?

==============================================
    • Series: Beast Machines

• My Overall Consensus: Dislike it

• 3 Things I Like About It:
      1. Some incredibly well crafted toys. Not necessarily great Transformers action figures, but speaking purely from a craftsmanship POV there are some really nice design elements in them. e.g. Deluxe Optimus Primal has an incredible level of detailed sculpted muscle fibre, that internal brain that can only seen because of the transparent plastic used for the head, and the really nicely done airbrushed metallic paint apps. It's a not a good Optimus toy but a well crafted action figure.
      2. Quite interesting story with really interesting themes and motifs with character-driven plot. Again, not a great Transformers story, but as a stand-alone series it's actually quite good.
      3. Much improved animation quality over Beast Wars. Shadows!

Basically, Beast Machines was a good series in its own right, just not great as part of Transformers.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I see your Headmaster and raise you a Professor Princess.

Most of the human villains were stupid. The only ones who were okay were Nanosec and Meltdown.
    I found the Headmaster more annoying that PP. I might have found her the most annoying if she had ever had a full episode based around her but as it was she didn't do a lot of screen time. Meltdown could have been cool but when he did that little dance once it moved him from threatening to ridiculous permanently in my head

Yeah Nanosec was ok and I kinda liked Slo-Mo. But maybe I liked her as I thought S.U.V was the best rendition of Swindle in any TF episode ever - just brilliant!

My all time favourite line from Nanosec...

Professor Princess: (in that ridiculous voice of hers) "The enemy of my enemy is my fwend."
    Nanosec: "What?"