Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Masterforce & Victory

Default Masterforce & Victory

I have just finished watching Masterforce and I have to say that its an AWESOME series. I had somewhat neutral expectations going in while expecting a lot of annoying cutesy/Kawai Anime stuff but thankfully that sort of thing was kept to a minimum and the series is certainly a standout despite its odd concepts. It is somewhat awkwardly shoehorned (as in forced) into the continuity of the previous Headmasters series but this does not take away that its a fantastic series on its own.

Excellent characterization and an although unusual (by TF standards) but entertaining plot. It has become one of my favorite TF series. Despite its age, it felt like a breath of fresh air.

I have recently just seen the first episode of Victory and I have to say that it is VERY Japanese. It has a lot of cutesy/Kawai humor and very odd things that only the Japanese would understand or apreciate. To be honest it left me all weirded out and the closing credits themed left with a pronounced 'WTF?!?'

However I still intend to watch Victory although I am already getting a feeling that it will pale in comparison to Masterforce. Hopefully I am wrong or it will be a chore to watch the series from beginning to end.

I am curious to know. If anyone else have seen both Masterforce and Victory, what do you think of them?
    ________
    Fetish black
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:26 PM.

I have watched all of Headmasters & Masterforce, some of Victory (about half), Masterforce was my favourite, and is the best G1 cartoon series in terms of character and storyarc.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I agree that Masterforce is teh coolest of the G1 cartoons. Victory is my 2nd favourite and while there are goofy elements in it (especially Dino Force) there are some neater elements and the ending is really freaking awesome (unlike the G1 Victory manga which had the suckiest ending ever).

benben2142 Guest

WHat the heck is tf zone nobody talks about them?

Quote Originally Posted by benben2142 View Post
    WHat the heck is tf zone nobody talks about them?
    What are talking about dude? nobody you know or just nobody at all??

Zone was a single episode straight-to-video episode very late on in Japan's G1 run. The short duration and nature of the release mean it has a very low profile, and the fact that it's a single episode means there's just not that much to talk about.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Is matserforce better than headmasters? I'm part way on disk 2 and finding it a real chore to sit through.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Is matserforce better than headmasters? I'm part way on disk 2 and finding it a real chore to sit through.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    I have watched all of Headmasters & Masterforce, some of Victory (about half), Masterforce was my favourite, and is the best G1 cartoon series in terms of character and storyarc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I agree that Masterforce is teh coolest of the G1 cartoons. Victory is my 2nd favourite and while there are goofy elements in it (especially Dino Force) there are some neater elements and the ending is really freaking awesome (unlike the G1 Victory manga which had the suckiest ending ever).
    I haven't seen it or haven't been bothered to snitch it but looking at those two comments, it seems like masterforce is the best!

Oh yeah. The Headmasters is the weakest of the Japanese G1 series (but a lot better than The Rebirth).

I'm going to have to find time this year for this series with subtitles. I've watched very little of it but the vibe definitely glowing for these series.