Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cyber Battalion series toys

That Starscream actually looks pretty nice. Compared to current deluxes he only appears to be missing bicep swivels.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    That Starscream actually looks pretty nice. Compared to current deluxes he only appears to be missing bicep swivels.
    I agree, at this stage the only figure I think I'll pick up

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Could these be they?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    my comments above are probably incorrect
    But grammatically beautiful

These are not the transforming RID titans that were at Toyfair.

These have simplified engineering compared to Deluxe & Voyager toys, but the transforming Titans are even simpler.

The only one I will buy is the Starscream and maybe the Optimus.

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...mblebee/32550/

Look what I found! :P

The Optimus looks good but faceplate Bumblebee...? Ok I guess...

A photo of Starscream from an Asian source (no link to the source was provided).

S/S is probably the only one from that line I'll pick up, but looking at my collection - I've got no idea where to put him.

I don't mind Optimus but Bumblebee... looks like some scary love child of G1 and RID2015!

Some bigger images of the 7-inch figures, and official names of the two size classes are now listed on the main Hasbro website, with US$ RRP. (for an idea of what they might be here if we get them)

The 7-inch figures (Bumblebee, Optimus, Grimlock, Starscream, Megatron) - Cyber Battalion - US$15
    The 11-inch figures (Bumblebee, Optimus) - Cyber Commander - US$20

So if these are now going to be a regular release line of toys, what are they for, or what do they belong to for marketing purposes? Or, why were they made if they are not being sold as part of an existing line? Not enough of the big iconic characters (Optimus, Bumblebee, Grimlock... and more importantly Megatron, Starscream) in the two main lines at the moment for Hasbro to need them as part of a small set of stand-alone toys?
    The more "lines" that are produced for regular release, the harder it is to sell the Brand to Retailers, who see it all as just "Transformers". That's why Generations have been hardest to sell to Retailers, because they already stock a Transformers toyline (RID this year, TF4 last year, TFPrime the year before), so don't see a need for another Transformers toyline... especially if it doesn't have any advertising or cartoon support. Retailers don't promote toys, because they are not their Brand/Property to invest their money into. If it fails, fine... they clear out the remaining stock and just ignore that line next year.

It's almost like these would have been Generations toys if it the theme wasn't for Combiners. They might be simpler in design, but they could have been planned to be Voyagers and Deluxes in the Generations banner alongside the combiners, before the Combiners theme was given priority to get Retailers on-board the more uniform theme.