Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Robots In Disguise Windblade

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Even Drift was well-written in MTMTE, up until the point that he left. Also, the IDW comics and modern cartoons aren't the sole province of 1984 nostalgic G1 fans. New is good. New prevents stagnation.
    Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    I even like Drift (MTMTE Drift). I am glad that Hasbro isnt afraid to use new characters.
    Yeah, but MTMTE Drift is quite a different creature from when we first saw him. He's been deliberately "de-Munchkinised" and actually given flaws/weaknesses. He's no longer a god-moded Gary Stu.

But I do like Windblade. Unlike Drift, she was never a Munchkinised Mary Sue. Not sure what to make of RiD Windblade... jury's still out until I see her appearance. I just hope that she doesn't fall into the "Power Up" cliché; i.e. a new character is extremely powerful in his/her early appearance(s), but then later powered down when s/he no longer needs to be nigh invulnerable.

I really like the new RiD styled Windblade. She captures the same feel of the 1st comic mini-series. I haven't been thrilled with the RiD figures we've gotten so far but if they make one for Windblade I'll definitely take a look.