Page 391 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 371381386387388389390391392393394395396401411 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,910 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Because people are fans of TFs and imagine their car being a TF? I have a Decepticon badge for my car, though my car isn't based off any specific TF character I just like having one simply because that's one way I show my love for TFs. I don't even know what TF I could imagine my car to be, maybe Crowbar?
    To each their own I suppose - I guess it's the same as wearing TF-related gear.

Whilst I'm a TF fan and drive Alternity Megatron's alt mode, I would never consider sticking a TF badge on it (nor would I wear TF-related clothing, ever).

The closest I came was thinking about putting a small subtle Alternity sticker on the rear windscreen, but that notion was dismissed after about 30 seconds.

Just interesting to hear people's reasons behind why they do it.

Most people I know (TF fans or not) look at cars with TF badges and snicker...

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    Can somebody explain to me the fascination of sticking an Autobot or Decepticon logo on their car?

I understand if you drive a car that is some bots' alt mode, but otherwise why?
    For the same reason why people have bumper stickers for sports teams, national flags, political parties, religions and that car badge in the shape of a fish sprouting legs with "Darwin" written inside it etc. - because they're proud and passionate about their team, country/cultural heritage, political beliefs, religious beliefs, scientific beliefs etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Because people are fans of TFs and imagine their car being a TF?
    I do that too!! I sometimes like to imagine that my car is an Autobot, and I'm just his mass-shrunken Pretender shell (a la Masterforce) driving inside - scouting for Decepticons! Last week I was driving on a road that ran parallel to a train track, and this train was overtaking me, so I "detected" Decepticon energy signatures coming from the train -- a new Decepticon had arrived on Earth! I radioed back to Autobot HQ then when the train stopped at the station, and as I was driving by, I "blasted" that train with an invisible EMP shot - immobilising it! (and thus forcing passengers to disembark ) Wahahahahahahaha!! Sometimes if I see a car with a Decepticon logo, I pretend that I got weapons popping out and I imagine shooting at it -- pew pew pew pew pew pew!!

Sure breaks up the boredom of being stuck in rush hour.

But other times, because I only listen to Transformers music - sometimes I crank the volume up and people see me dancing and singing along to TF tunes in my TF-badged car with TF dog tags hanging off my rear vision mirror with Robot Heroes Optimus Prime on the dashboard and of course, I'm decked out in TF apparel... YEEAAAHH!!

To each their own I suppose - I guess it's the same as wearing TF-related gear.

Whilst I'm a TF fan and drive Alternity Megatron's alt mode, I would never consider sticking a TF badge on it (nor would I wear TF-related clothing, ever).
    Well I'm very proud and passionate to be a Transformers enthusiast, and I would hate to be confused for being a Mundaner.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime
    Most people I know (TF fans or not) look at cars with TF badges and snicker...
    If people are going to be shallow enough to do that, then I don't really don't give a hoot what they think. They can kiss my Astrotrain.

I see all kinds of stickers and badges on cars that I find disagreeable and even objectionable... like those mudflaps with the silhouette of naked women or urinating Calvin or a hand giving you the finger or bumper stickers with swear words on them... yeah, real charming... (-_-) Even if some people^heathens may not agree with Transformers, it's a relatively inoffensive image. So they can build themselves a freakin' Space Bridge and either get over it or jump off it!

I have a Decepticon badge on the side of my car. Why... because I can If people have an issue with it, I don't give a shi....
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Can somebody explain to me the fascination of sticking an Autobot or Decepticon logo on their car?

I understand if you drive a car that is some bots' alt mode, but otherwise why?
    i do it to pledge my allegiance, Decepticon of course

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I have a Decepticon badge on the side of my car. Why... because I can If people have an issue with it, I don't give a shi....
    Don't let Gok see your car! He imaginary blast it to smithereens
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Don't let Gok see your car! He imaginary blast it to smithereens
    Not to worry; I have seen his car - it's a Pretender i.e. a shell with not much going on inside
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I've always avoided putting a badge on my car for fear of having it stolen or defaced. To counter this I have a more subtle way - a Personalised Plate Number

Most people who are fans/sort of fans will be able to know I am a TF fan

I see badges on cars and makes me glad to see a fellow fan.
    LF: G1/Henkei/SOC/others
    For Sale/Trade:Misc TF Sale
    Want List: WSTs, SCF PVCs, Henkei, Classics

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    I see badges on cars and makes me glad to see a fellow fan.
    I had a Decepticon badge on the back of my old car. My new one is only a couple of months old so I don't think I will be putting anything on that

I wear transformer clothes because I hate clothes shopping and it makes it easier. I guess also to let others know that I'm a fan. I have TF stickers on my PS3 but no badges on car.
    I'm always curious as to whether people with badges on their cars are actual fans.