Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Thread: SDCC 2018 - Siege: War for Cybertron Toy Reveals

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    We need to remember, that like recent homages (Headmasters, Pretenders, and Powermasters), we won't see all of the Micromasters and Targetmasters done... this is just enough for the fans to get excited about getting a homage done of that Gen1 concept, but not too much to make retailers nervous and not want to risk clogging their shelves with too much of the one thing.

It will suck not getting full Gen1 sets, but it is nice to see the gen1 look to the toys, and to include a gimmick to sell to retailers without spoiling the toys too much.
    At least as we saw with Combiners in POTP they are willing to bring back a concept from recent years and give us more characters with that gimmick.

My real complaint with the Micromasters is they are doing half of the 4 bot team. Grant it they could do some Amazon or con exclusives later in the line to fill out the full teams but as far as we know at the moment we are only getting half of each 1989 team.

The official images for...
    Leader - Ultra Magnus
    Deluxe - Ironhide, Hound, Chromia, Cog
    Battlemaster - Lionizer
    Micromaster - Battle Patrol (Flak & Big Shot), Race Car Patrol (Roadhandler & Swindler), Rescue Patrol (Red Heat & Stakeout)

My only real complaint after a quick look is Hound's windscreen being green.

Shut up and take my money!

Also apparently this Ultra Magnus is the first official toy since his '86 debut to feature his Armour being removable.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Sideswipe, Cog, Lionizer & the Micro Masters are a must. Optimus yeah as I get all releases. UM, Ironhide, Hound only if cheap as I prefer the Classic versions. Chromia I'm a little disappointed with as it looks like just a remould of the current fembots. I'll stick with the Generations one.

Silly question though, are the Micro Masters only coming in 2 packs or the G1 4 packs?
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The official images for...

Leader - Ultra Magnus
    Deluxe - Ironhide, Hound, Chromia, Cog
    Battlemaster - Lionizer
    Micromaster - Battle Patrol (Flak & Big Shot), Race Car Patrol (Roadhandler & Swindler), Rescue Patrol (Red Heat & Stakeout)
    Snippity.

Well, I can see myself grabbing those Micromasters (I wouldn't pre-order, but at local retail sure). The rest? Easy pass. I guess I'll squirrel money away for other things.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Interesting.....

I like the Micromasters, though I wish they had elbow joints, and that they gave us some Cons!

I'm not really digging the boxy aesthetic on the other guys, although it does look like waist articulation may be back for Deluxe class, that would be nice.

I notice some have seats which looks like they are for Titanmasters or whatever they are called now, I wonder if the Micromasters can fit in. I'm guessing not but it would be cool if a Micromaster could drive Hound like one of the old Micromaster vehicle sets.

I have to say I'm liking the look of these guys, especially if they have a bit of weathering on them as they appear to in the official images.

they look pretty cool, especially the ultra magnus bot mode.
    also some of those deluxe figures actually seem to have solid legs and arms, not just hollow everywhere

Just realised that this with this range line up there’s no place for a Legend class Flystrike and Warwheels that combine into Flywheels.