Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 SDCC Transformer Sets

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Reboots often do that these days, because of the over-white, over-male representation (with maybe a token black guy at the back and a female who often needs rescuing) of 20th century comics, cartoons and their associated toys.
    As long as the story is good, and the character traits are the same or better), what difference does it make what colour or gender the main characters are (provided they don't make it a political issue or a plot device, which detracts from the integrity of the overall story arc).
    I remember when the RDM BSG first was aired in Australia a lady I worked with was really upset that the all male white Viper pilot cast of the original (except for the token black guy) was changed to have female pilots. You would think a woman would be happy that women are being properly represented, but no.

Anyway, I really hope Hasbro can use MASK coming back to reissue the original toys. I really want both Matt Trakker's car and truck as brand shiny new reissue. Still at least with the exception of a few outliers vintage MASK toys are not horribly over priced on Ebay like Transformers.

Gee, it would never have occurred to me that they might have a problem with race. I was unfamiliar with the original toyline, and I just accepted the character as is. The only character I DID have a problem with was Miles Mayhem - he's just a tool and would be happy to sell out the human race.

I loved the original Visionaries toyline and comic, but I dont know that I want to pay that price for the figure...... if they are going to do a Visionaries toyline, surely they'd offer him again, right?

Oh and the dire wraith is a remoulded GI Joe zombie figure I am sure.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

This boxset homages the current IDW universe, which has Tracker being black.
    See, that makes sense. I'm so far behind with the comics I need it spelt out to me like that. Now I can stop wondering why Matt isn't Matt from the 80's cartoon.
    Carry on.

Jetfire doesn't appear to play a significant role in Revolutions, so I wonder why they have him included as the "Transformers representative".
    It would make more sense to have Thundercracker (the same base mould if they wanted a Leader sized jet) or even Optimus (since the other two SDCC sets have Optimus in them this year).
    By using Jetfire Hasbro are probably just giving the middle finger to Harmony Gold after that fiasco a few years ago with the GI Joe crossover set.

God knows HG deserve it.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Nice set, but there's to much chaff inside for me to bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    See, that makes sense. I'm so far behind with the comics I need it spelt out to me like that. Now I can stop wondering why Matt isn't Matt from the 80's cartoon.
    Carry on.
    Actually the Matt Tracker in the set is a retool of an earlier Gijoe/Matt Tracker who was more in line with the 80's series.

http://toys.hisstank.com/wp-content/...1333558855.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    You know, if it had been Thundercracker I probably would have bitten, especially if it came with a Buster.
    Was thinking that myself. Well, not the biting part. The whole Revolution thing has been IDWs biggest mistake yet. Just that it should be Thundercracker in there.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I remember when the RDM BSG first was aired in Australia a lady I worked with was really upset that the all male white Viper pilot cast of the original (except for the token black guy) was changed to have female pilots. You would think a woman would be happy that women are being properly represented, but no.
    Is this an indicator that not all nostalgia for characters a specific way is sexist or racist. just sayin
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    You know, if it had been Thundercracker I probably would have bitten, especially if it came with a Buster.
    OMG that would have been so much better! With a little copy of one of his screenplays!

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    OMG that would have been so much better! With a little copy of one of his screenplays!
    Yeah I would defininitely buy that. Does anyone know of a toyline that would be a good size match (1/18th) and looks busterish? I want to find one for my Thundercracker now, lol
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Yeah I would defininitely buy that. Does anyone know of a toyline that would be a good size match (1/18th) and looks busterish? I want to find one for my Thundercracker now, lol
    This is borderline useless but i did see on Instagram someone with the generations leader thundercracker i think and a little dog that kinda resembled Buster. I think they just found it by looking for small toy dogs or something. Not that helpful but there are some things out there. I'm surprised there hasn't been a 3rd party add-on kit already.