Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transformers Cyberverse toyline officially revealed

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    What an awesome looking Shockwave!
    Yeah assuming these Warriors are Deluxe size like the RID Warriors I might grab this Shockwave to replace my Legends Class Shockwave in my CHUG collection.

The 11 minute episodes have nothing to do with attention spans and everything to do with the bottom line.

Two 11 episodes can be packaged to a TV network e.g. Cartoon Network as a 22 minute episode and the press release states that the 1st season is 18 episodes so that makes it a 9 episode season on broadcast TV. Don't forget Hasbro owns Boulder Media now, they have to fund this and the profit from the toys and merchandise will go back into making the cartoon.

Yes, you're looking at shorter episodes and smaller seasons but it also means that the production turn around is shorter and could result in two seasons a year, also shorter run times can result in tighter storytelling a good example is the original Clone Wars miniseries that Cartoon Network ran during the prequel years, the episodes were 5 minutes long and well received by fans, the 2nd season had 15 minute episodes and was, "meh."

Packaging images of the large five Cyberverse toys have been found on an online store in Europe.

These are the Ultimate Class (largest size) Optimus and Megatron, and the Ultra Class (second largest size) Bumblebee, Grimlock and Starscream.
    Each one has a major gimmick, which is promoted on the packaging.

These five were on display at the New York Toyfair, and I was able to get a quick look at them at our Melbourne Toyfair last month.

Galvatran Guest

^ Megatron's major gimmick is so subtle I can't work it out from those pics.

Starscream looks like he's got bongos strapped to his arms.

Another toy line with the same 4 characters from every other toy line of late but marginally different.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Another toy line with the same 4 characters from every other toy line of late but marginally different.
    I am also tempted to yawn.