Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: G1 Mould Shattered Glass Exclusives.

I was about to order one from BBTS (I don't trust FunPub's shipping quotes), but decided to ask which version they were getting. I thought that they might be getting the English version (since they are in America), but they replied to say that they are getting the Japanese version.
    So it doesn't look like BBTS are getting in any of the English (FunPub) versions... which is what I was hoping to get.
    Looks like I may have to pay scalper prices when it gets released.

Wouldn't Robot Kingdom carry the English version? I don't know, but it might be worth asking on their Facebook page or emailing them...
    Which brings us to where we are today...

It looks really nice and all and I love them but I can't spend that kind of money on that. I was thinking about getting into SG, but the toys are too expensive for my liking.

That comic looks awesome, but very Japanesey. I do hope the transformers club version is in English.....
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

The news posting by FunPub on September 12th claimed that they would be getting an English version of the comic.

The way I read it was that funpub were doing the English version and eHobby the Japanese one. That being the case, I bet that BBTS would find it easier to order more quantities from eHobby than funpub, which of course would require membership.

I guess. Although 1 membership covers as many orders as you like doesn't it? Still, I know what I'd go for. Mainly coz I hate the club

I would have thought the demand for the English version would be higher in America, and that the shipping from FunPub would offset the higher price of the FunPub version. But BBTS ended up charging $55 more than FunPub's price, for the Japanese version.
    Ehobby version - about US$157 (13,900yen)
    FunPub version - US$195
    BBTS (Ehobby) - US$250 (that mark-up includes air-shipping from Japan though)

After a couple more emails, they've told me that they are pretty sure that they aren't getting any of the English version, because they haven't received a solicitation for it from FunPub yet. (pre-orders were 3 months ago, and I guess FunPub didn't see the need to beg BBTS to buy some)

Looks like it has been released in Japan (on schedule, being slated as a January release)... but the FunPub version could still be some months away. It could be out soon as well, but I haven't heard anyone official saying that it was definitely being released at the same time as the JP version.
    (and FunPub are late with releases too)

A video has been posted of the JP version of the set, which has started shipping from Asian sources. And a second video was posted up as well.
    Last edited by griffin; 6th February 2013 at 01:17 PM.

Lots of in-hand images of the JP version of the set.