Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Henkei new Seekers?

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    But if hasbro doesn't do it, then you won't get your hentai versions.
    Aren't kissplay already the hentai versions?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post

I could be wrong but I think that there was two versions of Cosmos, 1 for Classics that never saw the light of day not even a Prototype and Titanium which managed to get to the Prototype phase but never made it beyond.
    I remember seeing some concept sketches of a cosmos that looked better than that titanium look-a-like mould. So I would back this up.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post

However what he doesn't understand (most Corporate bodies don't) is that it normally isn't the case of one or the other but elements of both is what works better. G1 (first 2 years) is an excellent example of this, they had a good amount of realistic alt modes but also sprinkled the line with non realistic ones (Cosmos, Insecticons, Dinobots, etc). This kept variety going for buyers whose preference were withinn the realistic or sci-fi alt modes without overrunning a line with stuff that a portion of the market didn't want like recent toylines have. G1 succeeded in mass appeal because costumers had a choice that included a balance of both the realistic and Sci-Fi appealed to all without overwhelming neither. As we all know, G1 begun to go down when they concentrated too much in single elements (sci-Fi) in latter years and later on when they tried to cash in the success of other toy lines by mimicking them (Micromaster - Micromachines & Action Masters - Mask)

Like all things that succeed in life, its never an issue of one or the other, its an issue of striking a good balance which Hasbro seems to be failing at totally grasping since the release of Action Masters.

Edited for awful Grammar
    Yer totally. Although if one doesn't count the movie line, the last series to have realistic alt modes was RID. Armada, Energon and Cybertron had a space/future focus and they all sold pretty well. Lets face it, Jetfire isn't THAT much of a realistic plane (big jetpack? Hello!). I think Archer just makes stuff up as he goes along sometimes.

Classics Jetfire is before the 'Realistic Agenda'. The original Classics line focused on modernisations of classic G1 toys, realism was just a by product of choosing G1 characters that already had a realistic alt mode such as Bumblebee and Starscream. For Universe Classics, Archer has shifted the focus from modern interpretations of G1 toys to realistic alt modes. This shows that Archer has misinterpreted the appeal of Classics and that of the market. Its fine to see realism on the movie bots and Alternators, etc but why force it on toys representing G1 characters?

This sort of thinking has already caused a mayor casualty which is Powerglide's horrendous colors that make him look more like Jetfire's deformed brother or an inflated Micromasters Hothouse.

Even if Takara does not do a mayor change from the Hasbro Universe releases with Henkei, I only ask for two things: A red Powerglide and an Onslaught without the SWAT decals.
    Last edited by kup; 21st April 2008 at 02:25 PM.

Yeh, I think that the universe classics is not going to be as popular as the first run, thanks to taktom. I am strongly considering waiting for the henkei versions of these instead of snapping up the hasbro ones. In my mind its a safe bet, because it is extremely unlikely that the figure are going to be worse, so one can't really lose can they?

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Yeh, I think that the universe classics is not going to be as popular as the first run, thanks to taktom. I am strongly considering waiting for the henkei versions of these instead of snapping up the hasbro ones. In my mind its a safe bet, because it is extremely unlikely that the figure are going to be worse, so one can't really lose can they?
    No you can't loose and since they will be cheaper to buy from HLJ; they will likely cost about the same as the Aus retail prices with shipping. Another thing going for Henkei is that they will be released not very long after Universe Classics so the waiting period is fairly short, possibly a month or so. The prospect of Takara not cost cutting on the final product in favor of greater profits also help in their appeal.

I personally plan to buy just a couple of Universe Classics. One is Prowl because the Henkei version will likely come with Japanese police decals so I will buy the Hasbro one just so that I can swap doors and other parts with Japanese text on them for a more cartoon look.
    Last edited by kup; 21st April 2008 at 03:01 PM.

And in a very interesting little twist:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=174029

Thundercracker and Skywarp start to make a lot of sense...

Yep, I agree. There is like 80% chance that Skywarp and Cracker will be released as exclusives (probably different shade of blue for Cracker to differentiate it from Botcon07) and a 20% chance that it will be Sunstorm and Waspinator's granddaddy who appeared in MTMTE.
    Last edited by kup; 22nd April 2008 at 12:45 PM.

Exclusive release means that us non-japanese-living people and people who don't have that much money to blow on a botcon set will have no full line of Seekers, huh? Oh I cry.