Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: MP Thrust revealed

TT gotta milk those easily beguiled fans

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Think the contrast between black and grey looks pretty bad in jet mode. It's enough that it looks like another character to me altogether.
    Totally agree with you as i'm pretty sure there was no black on him in the cartoon from memory it was just a slightly darker shade of grey than on the wings?

Maybe a more cartoon accurate + line later down the track cause they havent quite hit their profit quota for this mould yet

Still looks very nice, my only gripe is that i was hoping Dirge would be next

is that jetmode a GI Joe crossover ?

hmm. I dunno. I want it because I want most of the Masterpiece line but my Ramjet experience is making me wary of getting any other jets....

Not just for QC and general fiddlyness, but value as well. Having just opened and transformed my MP Ratchet and seeing the new thread about MP Inferno and what they come with makes this one harder to justify. People already complaining about the face, why not do swappable ones like other recent figures

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Yeah agreed. Those robot pics look like they might be photoshopped, the kneecaps at least... i'm assuming that purple is accurate to something, but tbh i don't really like it at all!
    The knee colouring is in the movie at least:

However the black or dark grey colouring is debatable. I think the G1 toy is black, but animation is dark grey. But remember that black is often reprsented as dark grey in animation in order to show details and shadow.

Regardless whether it is black or dark grey (I'm not fussed with either actually) it needs to be uniform throughout, and not the mix-match we're seeing in the pics. As others have pointed out, it looks wrong.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    TT gotta milk those easily beguiled fans
    they had been doing it since MP5, so this is not any different.

Oh yes, I agree that colours in jet mode looks bad.

Looks like he goes live on TTMall on the 11th June with an October release date.

Box shot via Planet Iacon:

Man, I hope the grey on his wings is darker in hand, it looks pretty shocking at the moment.

Ergh, I guess that answers that question. The box art says it all. His face looks how I feel about that black / grey.

He neither matches the g1 toy or the anime versions.

TFW user Shiro1 has done a 'toon and toy comparison:

The grey is way too light! But then again, Ramjet's face looked too light in the official pics but in-hand was about right, so hopefully this is the same... hopefully...

No brainer...... It Will be bought. just hope they give it a stand this time???

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!