Page 400 of 467 FirstFirst ... 380390395396397398399400401402403404405410420 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,000 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

I think someone at Sony owned Naughty Dog needs to learn not to bite the hand that feeds him on Twitter...

https://wccftech.com/uncharted-direc...-sport-online/

This is interesting. 2017 games that were censored/banned.

Somehow Australia only got one entry on the list. New Zealand on the other hand looks like the new Australia banning multiple games.

Anime games seem to be consistently censored in the west and WWII games are obviously consistently censored in Germany.

Japan apparently has some aversion to extreme violence I didn't realise.

Overall not a bad year in censorship unless you really want underdressed anime characters in the west or Nazi symbology in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I think someone at Sony owned Naughty Dog needs to learn not to bite the hand that feeds him on Twitter...

https://wccftech.com/uncharted-direc...-sport-online/
    Regardless of who employs you, you should be able to call a shit situation shit. I know that's not how the world works, but I personally see nothing wrong with it.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    This is interesting. 2017 games that were censored/banned.

Somehow Australia only got one entry on the list. New Zealand on the other hand looks like the new Australia banning multiple games.

Anime games seem to be consistently censored in the west and WWII games are obviously consistently censored in Germany.

Japan apparently has some aversion to extreme violence I didn't realise.

Overall not a bad year in censorship unless you really want underdressed anime characters in the west or Nazi symbology in Germany.
    On that point I recently found quite bewildering. I bought the Japanese version of Witcher 3 and discovered that all the poor peasants had rather nice undergarments. Also, the brutal, gory world in which they live was less gory too.

Considering how I can easily get my hands on a game that allows you to shoot schoolgirls and see their under wear, or easily watch extremely gory anime and movies without any issue, I was somewhat taken aback that a ripped in half dude in the witcher had a cavity, whereas others had yucky bits.

The word works in strange ways. I ended up taking it back and got a refund, then bought the Australian version instead. Just ruined the atmosphere the strange inconsistency.

Are the retro consoles sold in EB games any good?
    I think I saw an Atari and Sega MegaDrive (or something like that).

I have a Sega Dreamcast that I still love to play when I have time.

The Mega Drive is terrible according to reviews and many games on the console are not real Mega Drive games but rather some BS they threw together to pad the numbers.

https://www.gamespot.com/sega-genesi...onsole-review/

The Atari was much better received but unless you have a ton of nostalgia for that era it's probably best just to play the games on archive.org as that era hasn't aged as well as the 8bit and 16bit eras have.

Used a voucher I got for Xmas to get the latest South Park game for the PS4. It was discounted to $39

Of course I forgot that my son is now old enough to understand the language so I’ll only be able to play it when the kids are asleep and I myself am not exhausted which is basically never

Did the same Trev, thanks to the staff at JB not changing their stickers over after New Years. It was $39 in big w anyway but a steal at that price.

Nearly finished the battlefront 2 campaign. Many reviews had it at 4 hours long, but my penchant for going and seeking the collectibles and my awful ability at the game has stretched it out to over 7 hours!

Doubt I’ll play offline and there are the arcade modes that should be entertaining. It is one gorgeous game, too bad the micro transactions debacle put many off purchasing it, I’m no shooter fan but I find it lots of fun!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I've been playing a bunch of old games since Christmas, trying to get that pile of unplayed games down to size.

Started with Ducktales Remastered, I just have one level left to play in that game.

Also played a little of the Disney Afternoon Collection. I quickly realised that Ducktales was made way easier in the HD remaster purely by simplifying how Scrooges cain works.

Played about 10 hours of State of Decay, that game is amazing. If you want a horror based zombie game look elsewhere but if you want an open world action game that just happens to have zombies it's really cool.

Started Saints Row IV again, this time with the Re-Elected edition. I'm not long into the game but but I'm already at about 15% complete and most of what I've been doing is going after the Data Clusters that are spread all over the city. But it's awesome when The Touch starts playing on the in game radio while you're clearing out an alien structure.

Played a few rounds of Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition with the Ultra Street Fighter IV addon. It still feels like a much better game than Street Fighter V.

Metal Gear Solid 5. Yep, I still suck at those games without a radar.

Played the trail on Xbox One X of Watch Dogs 2, I'll pick it up when it's a lot cheaper.

Finally played a little Hitman, just wish I didn't have to pay extra for the GOTY stuff they brought out for it.

Recently went to see the new Jumanji movie and what a blast from the past at the start. A fellow metalhead playing Twisted Metal on the PS1 and just like the metalhead writing this post he was playing as Mr. Grimm the best character in the game.