Page 432 of 467 FirstFirst ... 412422427428429430431432433434435436437442452 ... LastLast
Results 4,311 to 4,320 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Sony's Black Friday deals are up at this address: https://store.playstation.com/en-au/...08-BLCKFRI18/1

Microsoft's are here: https://majornelson.com/2018/11/14/b...-gold-members/

Nobody else seems to have their up yet. I'm really waiting on Steams sale to start so I can figure out how much I have left for the consoles.

Also of note. I got this email from Steam.

Hello DELTAprime,
    Steam will soon be priced in Australian Dollars!

If your Steam wallet has any money in it on November 21st, 2018, your U.S. Dollar balance will be converted to AUD, at a conversion rate dictated by market value at the time of conversion.

To view your account balance, simply log into your Steam client or the Steam website at http://www.steampowered.com. Once you have logged in, you will see your balance in the upper-right corner next to your account name.
    I hope this isn't an excuse to jack up the price for Australian buyers any more than some publishers have already been doing.

Which publishers?

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Which publishers?
    Haven't you noticed we have been getting over charged by some publishers?

The standard price for a game in USD is $60, Ubisoft are charging $70 for the standard version of the games. They are not the only ones but are the biggest offender.

If Steam does a straight conversion of the USD price to AUD with no funny business that changes with the conversion rate then this change won't be a big deal and might actually save me money cause of the Commonwealth Banks international transaction fee. But if they are going to jack up the price to $100 AUD or more for new releases then I won't be happy.

Call of duty was a good example not too long ago. In the American steam store it was $50 US. In the Australian steam store it was $89 US. The exact same thing. Just nearly double price for Australian customers because why not.
    It's mostly the publisher who sets the prices not Steam itself I'm fairly sure though. Still super annoying and arrogant though.

After looking at the Big W Black Friday catalogue for myself I found that PS VR is going to cost $259 in the sale. At that price plus staff discount I'm going to grab one. $259 is much more palatable than what you have to pay for a Rift or Vive.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    After looking at the Big W Black Friday catalogue for myself I found that PS VR is going to cost $259 in the sale. At that price plus staff discount I'm going to grab one. $259 is much more palatable than what you have to pay for a Rift or Vive.
    When will the catalogue be released to the public?

Playing through Shadow .. T.R. It doesnt feel polished. Animations disappear in cut scenes(as in whole characters not in the scene), mouth movement not in sync, plants etc in the way when trying to shoot, scenes/backgrounds disappear when against the walls, fish and people disappear or up in the air. Its like they knew there would be patches so didnt bother to polish it or pressured by the publisher to finish on time. Im finding the first two games better. Im at the hidden city. Not sure it will improve.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    What does it come with? I paid 299 for mine that comes with world and another game.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    When will the catalogue be released to the public?
    It's showing up in mail boxes now. That's how I got mine. They only arrive in store Wednesday afternoon. lol

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    What does it come with? I paid 299 for mine that comes with world and another game.
    So did you get the EB Games Black Friday bundle with Skyrim VR included for $299? That's still a good deal if you wanted Skyrim VR. The one Big W has is the PS VR hardware bundle (PS VR hardware plus Worlds) but Big W isn't including any extra games beyond Worlds.

For me it will only cost $233 from Big W so that's the best deal for me.

Amazon AU's Black Friday game deals as sourced by Kotaku.

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/11/am...ales-are-live/