Page 22 of 55 FirstFirst ... 21217181920212223242526273242 ... LastLast

Thread: Maketoys

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    That's what I've done. Can always cancel it later.
    That's what i just did may be good to group order and save on shipping its going to cost $60 just for shipping alone

Quote Originally Posted by primatives View Post
    That's what i just did may be good to group order and save on shipping its going to cost $60 just for shipping alone
    With BBTS it's less of an issue because of the POL system. Being in Tassie, it doesn't work out that well for me either TBH.

I'd like to see someone do a PS mockup of the green giant with more purple on it. I find the blue windows a little bit off-putting.

The purple windows in G1 were always strangely enticing to me as a kid. But the little dashes of blue on Giant do spoil the colour scheme a bit, the blue and purple clash. As far as realism goes it wasn't really necessary anyway since the yellow version has that covered in the first place.

The white/red hazard striping doesn't really do it for me either, it makes it look like he's wearing band-aids after a little fall in the playground. But neither issue is a deal breaker by a long shot.

Yeh I'm not really liking the colours of the green giant either. Bit too much black and the light-ish green looks sorta dull. Could do away with the red/white stripes on Mixmasters cement mixer too.

Still, it's miles ahead of TFC's Herc IMO

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    Yeh I'm not really liking the colours of the green giant either. Bit too much black and the light-ish green looks sorta dull. Could do away with the red/white stripes on Mixmasters cement mixer too.

Still, it's miles ahead of TFC's Herc IMO
    Yes.

It's a little bit better than Hasbro's new Bruticus too, lol

Mr_K is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Think I'll be purchasing from TFSource on this one. Shipping is a bit cheaper and you can pay upfront, ensuring you know the price you'll be paying for the item (as the exchange rate goes up and down)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_K View Post
    Think I'll be purchasing from TFSource on this one. Shipping is a bit cheaper and you can pay upfront, ensuring you know the price you'll be paying for the item (as the exchange rate goes up and down)
    The other day I checked and shipping was more by about $15-$20. Looking at it today, it's not calculating any shipping at all. The free postage only applies to domestic orders so perhaps they're not calculating it until they've confirmed the weight?

Nevermind, got it to work now. The new website works a tiny bit differently.

So yep, $49 for shipping because of their current special, and I much prefer being able to pay for it upfront. Murphy's Law says that buying now will cause the exchange rate to go to $1.50 in late June no doubt :-D

Mr_K is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    Murphy's Law says that buying now will cause the exchange rate to go to $1.50 in late June no doubt :-D
    Haha, too true, but I too like knowing exactly what it's gonna cost me and you know if we don't buy it now the exchange rate will only go down :P

Gonna be buying mine next week, will have the cash then

Haha, too true, but I too like knowing exactly what it's gonna cost me and you know if we don't buy it now the exchange rate will only go down :P

Gonna be buying mine next week, will have the cash then
    Thursday for me. Pre-approved with the smarter half and everything :-D