Thread: Universal Studios building a third Transformers Ride

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Universal Studios building a third Transformers Ride

If the reports are true, the first two Transformers Rides in Singapore and California are so popular, Universal Studios is fast-tracking the construction of a third at their Florida themepark.

Apparently they must be so keen on setting up a third Transformers Ride, that they demolished something that was already earmarked for a Halloween event this year.... just to get the construction underway for a scheduled opening at the end of next year. (in time to cash in on the 2014 Movie)

It will also mean that FunPub will have two locations as guaranteed BotCon locations to alternate between, with the occasional "other location" between those.

(still... until there is an official announcement, this is still just a rumour)

Looks like the third one is a go, at Orlando Universal Studios park in Florida, to be ready during the middle of next year (Summer 2013 in America).
    Apparently there was a presentation or something yesterday at the Park.

Another one for me to go to... to complete the set.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Are they all the same ride, in terms of 'the story/action' that takes place during the ride?

The first two are, so I'd expect this one to be as well. The cost involved in filming and CG animating the vision, plus audio effects, and then programming the mechanics of the ride itself (and testing it)... I think once they got the format done, it becomes a cookie-cut concept at any location that wants it.

Megatron Guest

Here's a link to some pics of current construction for the theme park at Orlando Universal Studios and the Transformers site:

Universal Studios: Pictures of Transformers site, other construction (Orlando Sentinel, 19/11/2012)

I'm excited, as this means I have more options, and if I manage to travel next year, there's more chance that the Florida one will have all the opening promotional merchandise, which will be gone from the LA site before I have a chance to get there.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)