Page 26 of 55 FirstFirst ... 61621222324252627282930313646 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic book thread ON!

oh yes i dont deny they did a good job building him up infact there doing a brilliant job of Osborn, its just after all these years of reading Spiderman comics and the coming and going of Norman Osborn and now hes back again *sigh* why cant he just DIE!!! but hey at least hes not plugging up the Spiderman comics like per usual

I have been tempted to have a look at the War of Kings i do like my Nova and the Annhilation series....

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    its just after all these years of reading Spiderman comics and the coming and going of Norman Osborn and now hes back again *sigh*
    I was thinking Norman only came back a few years ago at the end of the Clone Saga. Then I realise that was actually more than 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I was thinking Norman only came back a few years ago at the end of the Clone Saga. Then I realise that was actually more than 10 years ago.
    good point. but dont forget the whole norman had twins with gwen stacey storyline, i know he didnt actually come back for that because it was all in the past but still...

Why can't Norman Osborn just die?

You're asking that about a character from Marvel?

The same company that comes up with the convulted plot that Steve Rogers isn't dead, he's just doing a Quantum Leap through his life?

Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    Why can't Norman Osborn just die?

You're asking that about a character from Marvel?
    just wishfull thinking

i mean it could happen maybe.......

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    I have been tempted to have a look at the War of Kings i do like my Nova and the Annhilation series....
    Really look for the trades. I can't recommend those series enough. I had my doubts at the start given Marvel's track record with cosmic stuff but it's been nothing short of brilliant. My favourite series to date and one of the few on my pulllist. I used to read close to 40 comics a month (about 2 months ago actually) but now i'm down to 14 and converting to trade for the most part but Nova/Guardians of the Galaxy/War of Kings are all still on my pull list.

EDIT:

Cheap lot:

The HCs of this cost ~$50 each, there were 3 for the 1st Annhilation series which would cost u at least $150. Then the 2nd lot of Annhilation (Conquest) HCs there were two which would be another $100. That's excluding the issues of Nova you also get which would be around $90 for three trades collecting those issues.

So yeap, a definite bargain.
    Last edited by STL; 18th July 2009 at 11:04 AM.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

I don't buy any comics these days, reading my Marvel stuff in the trades these days, but sometimes pick up some of the first issues of big events.

But I was in Classic Comics today to get some short boxes and I picked up the Necrosha X one shot to get an idea of that crossover.

I thought it was a pretty good comic, much better than the Messiah Complex or Skrull Invasion crossovers.

Part of me hates all the long dead characters being resurrected (and the rip off of DCs similiar storyline). But part of me likes that this series is remembering past continuity and characters and villains otherwise forgotten.

Default Marvel Comics App on Itunes

For those with Iphones, I found a new Marvel Comics app today which is basically allows you to purchase and read Marvel comics similar to the Comixology viewer.

You can download 11 free comics including Amazing Spiderman #546, Astonishing X-men #1, Captain America #1, FF #570 and more.

Not bad but can't wait when an Ipad hits our shores, then I'll be into virtual comics more.

I've often been quite vocal about how I've always been a Marvel fan and never DC as I see DC as more the 'caped' heroes that aren't as human and vulnerable as Marvel characters. Sure I love Batman and Superman movies but have never been drawn to the comics, but DAMMIT Geoff Johns! You've brought me in! Not all the way, just in to Green Lantern.

I read 'Rebirth' and 'Sinestro Corps War' a while back and got absolutely hooked, and last night I finished 'Blackest Night'. Just. Wow.

For a long-time Marvel devotee to name his new car 'Hal Jordan', that's saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeve View Post
    I've often been quite vocal about how I've always been a Marvel fan and never DC as I see DC as more the 'caped' heroes that aren't as human and vulnerable as Marvel characters. Sure I love Batman and Superman movies but have never been drawn to the comics, but DAMMIT Geoff Johns! You've brought me in! Not all the way, just in to Green Lantern.

I read 'Rebirth' and 'Sinestro Corps War' a while back and got absolutely hooked, and last night I finished 'Blackest Night'. Just. Wow.

For a long-time Marvel devotee to name his new car 'Hal Jordan', that's saying something.
    Im a long time DC fan and just dabble in reading Marvel stuff ( mostly it was just Psi force) and I wasnt into GL, more into Wonderwoman (George Parez and Loebs run) and JLA but yeah the great story telling which also explains some loose ends ( yellow impurity/ ring weakness to yellow) just made me a fan of the book as well.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]